New Dishes at Liberty Tree Tavern (And We Tried One!)

We were over at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch today and found out about two brand new dishes: Chicken and Dumplings and Salmon Cakes!

New Liberty Tree Tavern Menu Items

New Liberty Tree Tavern Menu Items

The chicken and dumplings was not what we expected, and almost tasted like a very hearty, peppery chicken soup. A bit too homogeneous a taste for an entree (we like some sides with our meals), but not a bad dish.

Liberty Tree Tavern Chicken and Dumplings

Liberty Tree Tavern Chicken and Dumplings

Unfortunately, the pasta dish has been taken off the menu.

1. Heidi says:

I’m not a big fan of Chicken n Dumplings but I love LTT’s Salad!

2. Bonnie says:

The chicken n dumplings looked more like chicken soup with noodles.

Heidi: Haven’t had the salad! Do they have a special dressing? What makes it good?

Bonnie: Yep — that’s what it looks like to me, too. ;-D

4. Jenn says:

The Chicken & Dumplings sounded like they had potential! I was expecting something like they serve at the Cracker Barrel.

5. Kristin says:

Definitely not like my mamma makes! ;) Thanks for the info AJ!!!

Jenn and Kristin: I was surprised, too. I’m glad that’s the one we ordered so that we could take a photo! I think it’ll be different from what most folks expect.

7. Sandra Givens says:

I know this is kind of an older article but I am just seeing it today. I guess none of the folks commenting are from Pennsylvania; otherwise they would recognize the Pennsylvania Dutch style potpie dumplings. This is definitely a dish we would like! And the salmon cakes make me think we should try LTT again next trip.

8. Sheila Scinto says:

When I saw the picture of the chicken and dumplings I thought exactly what pp said about it. It looks like the Pot pie my aunt use to make and yes my mothers family was from Pa.

9. Pat says:

The chicken & dumplings does taste more like chicken soup.
    Very disappointing. The hamburger on the other had was
    delicious.