First Look!: 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Entrance

Just returned from my first stroll around the 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! Tarps were being rolled up on the booths, food was being prepared, and merchandise was out en force. It’s shaping up to be a wonderful Festival.

In the meantime, I’ll keep adding links to my main Food and Wine Festival page; you can always look there for the latest.

Today, I’m going to share with you some of the preparations that are happening and a couple food pics that I was lucky enough to snag. Here we go!

Foodie City Banners Line the Walkways

Foodie City Banners Line the Walkways

Food and Wine figures direct you to the Festival Center — the Wonders of Life pavilion:

Pointing to the Festival Center at the Wonders of Life Pavilion

Pointing to the Festival Center at the Wonders of Life Pavilion

Don’t forget to grab your Food and Wine Festival wrist gift card!

Wrist Gift Card

Wrist Gift Card

Champagne and desserts booth looked fantastic!

Champagne and Desserts was ready to go

Champagne and Desserts was ready to go

Yum!

Yum!

Headed over to Cork, Ireland, for a taste of some yummy cheese and apple chutney!

Cork, Ireland Booth

Cork, Ireland Booth

Kerrygold® Cheese Selection: Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread

The Marrakesh, Morocco, booth was displaying some wonderful options!

Marrakesh, Morocco

Marrakesh, Morocco

Marrakesh, Morocco dishes

Marrakesh, Morocco dishes

Books Being Sold at Morocco Booth

Books Being Sold at Morocco Booth

Cape Town smelled AMAZING as I wandered by — they were putting together the seared beef tenderloin with sweet potato puree and mango BBQ sauce!

Cape Town was rustling up some great-smelling grub

Cape Town was rustling up some great-smelling grub

Sweet Potato Puree for the Seared Beef Tenderloin

Sweet Potato Puree for the Seared Beef Tenderloin

Seared Beef Tenderloin

Seared Beef Tenderloin

I even got a chance to sample an avocado margarita while I was checking out La Cava del Tequila!

Thanks, Rafael!

Thanks, Rafael!

Paris was unloading boxes when I first walked by, but in early afternoon they were “cookin’!”

Paris was up and running

Paris was up and running

...and serving escargot!

...and serving escargot!

Some of the booths, including New Delhi, displayed plants and herbs from which they took flavorings.

New Delhi booth

New Delhi booth

Peppers!

Peppers!

CMs from Canada and Italy were very excited to share their countries’ foods (and bevvies)!

The Moosehead Tap in the Montreal Booth

The Moosehead Tap in the Montreal Booth

CMs in the Bologna, Italy booth were having a great time

CMs in the Bologna, Italy booth were having a great time

Can’t wait to try this one out tomorrow!

The flavorhood

The flavorhood

Flavors at the Flavorhood

Flavors at the Flavorhood

And the Eat to the Beat pavilion is all ready to go.

Eat to the Beat is ready to rock

Eat to the Beat is ready to rock

Hope you liked today’s photos! More to come!!

Also, I’m looking for your suggestions. I can’t eat everything at the festival, and I’d love to hear what you’d like me to sample and photograph while I’m here. Take a look at the booth menus and let me know via facebook, twitter, or email. Hopefully you have some ideas, because I need direction! Everything looks too good!

1. Kelly says:

Pierogies, Lamb Slider from the past 2 years…and I can’t wait to try the Fisherman’s pie!

2. [ this is jerry ] says:

Hey AJ,

Any details on if you can use DDP snack credits to partake?

Kelly: Sounds great!

Jerry: Yes you can!

4. Chris says:

So jealous! I need to go to F&W one day.

Have fun!

5. Jackey says:

Looks like so much fun! Nice blog to read to make me think I am there.

6. Would love a review of the food at the Australia Kiosk. I have never had anything there that I liked and would love to have someone do a taste test before I slap down my dollar bills there. Sorry AJ…you asked. 8-)

7. Jenna says:

I’m loving the fleur-de-lobster on the banner in the second picture. It looks like the menus on a lot of the booths haven’t changed much since last year, so I would love to get a review on foods from the Bangkok and Rio De Janiero booths. I would especially like to hear about “Grilled Pork Skewer with Farofa.” Farofa sounds like something I need to know about, much like “mashed boniato” was before.

8. Shayne says:

Crawfish etouffee from New Orleans sounds good….mmmm!

Well, it ALL sounds good, but that would be my request for living vicariously through you, AJ!

9. Jamie says:

AJ – Great Blog Post! I am really jealous that you are getting to enjoy the beginning of the F&W Festival. Fortunately I will be there in 2 weeks, so I will survive.

If you get a chance I would love to hear about the Seared Barramundi from the Melbourne Australia booth.

I enjoy your blog, keep up the great work, and keep posting more pictures from the F&W Festival!

10. Cody says:

Thanks for the photos!! I cant wait till i go for the FaWF (Oct 15t) even though a picky eater i love looking at food :)

11. Leota says:

I agree with Jenna. I’d love to see the Bangkok & Rio booths. I think those are the ones I’m most looking forward to. More info on Cape Town would be interesting too. Did you sample their food?

I’m just loving your Blog! Kudos on the great work!

Thanks all! I’m keeping a list of things to sample when we head back today :-)

13. Mike F says:

I’m there Oct 15- Oct 18th. Can’t wait!!!!

14. [...] First Look!: 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival [...]

15. Beth says:

Sorry! Hit the wrong button. As I was saying, the bread pudding was fabulous last year and is my first stop this year!

Ha ha! I’m with you, Beth. That stuff was GREAT!