Hidden Dole Whips?

UPDATE 9/9/11: Peter’s Polar Parlor may have discontinued Dole Whips per a reader comment below. BUT, see the list below — and the comments section — for updates on where other readers have found Dole Whip throughout the USA!

Believe it or not, Dole Whip — that delicious frozen treat that is the true Disney food for many of us — can be found in many other places around the country.

Scott Thomas, who runs the legendary website PSCalculator.net, told me a few months ago that his area has several spots that serve Dole Whip. These include Peter’s Polar Parlor near the New York State Fairground:

Peter's Polar Parlor in New York State

Peter's Polar Parlor in New York State

Peter's Polar Parlor Sign

Peter's Polar Parlor Sign

Scott says he’ll send “proof” photos of the Dole Whips in the Spring; right now all of the ice cream places are closed for the winter…brr!!! :-)

Now, about a month or so after Scott told me that New York State was riddled with Dole Whips, I was thrilled to see my very own outside-of-Disney-parks Dole Whip during my first trip to Hawaii!

These are from Zack’s in Kaua’i:

Zack's Dole Whip Decorative Tile

Zack's Dole Whip Decorative Tile

Zack's Dole Whip Sign

Zack's Dole Whip Sign

Zack's Dole Whip Menu

Zack's Dole Whip Menu

And Kilohana Grill in the San Francisco East Bay area (San Ramon) has just started serving Pineapple Dole Whip (as of June 2011).

Note: You can also purchase Dole Whip Mix online and make your own…but I think it’s always more fun to buy one from a vendor!

Where Else Can You Find Dole Whips?

Have you found Dole Whip somewhere other than Orlando or Anaheim? Let me know! We’ll make sure that other Dole Whip lovers know if there’s a hidden Dole Whip lurking in their backyards! Here’s what we’ve heard from other readers so far:

Got this email from Barbara R.:
“Boy Blue Dairy Treat Stores in Wisconsin carry Dole Whips. I have also ordered the Dole Whip mix from Hawaii and made it in my ice cream maker. Delish!!!”

“Dole Whip can be found at peachwave yogurt. It looks like they have locations in many states. I have had it several times at the Beaverton, OR location.”

“Mom & Pop’s Cone Corner in New Albany, IN sells the Dole Whip. I believe they are closed for the winter.”

“My husband and I have had the dole whip at our Indiana State Fair. We had the orange dream whip flavor. yummy!!!!”

Reader James shared this Dole Whip Discovery: “My sister found this at Earth Fruits Yogurt in Sarasota, FL.” See www.earthfruitsyogurt.com.

Doe Whip at Earth Fruits Yogurt in Sarasota, FL!

“You can find Dole Whip & Dole Floats at Farrs Fresh frozen Custard, Icecream and Frozen Yogurt Cafe on Riverdale Road in Ogden Utah. We carry both Pineapple and Raspberry flavors.”

More in the comments section! :-)

1. Cate says:

Martha’s Dandee Creme in Queensbury, New York carries Dole flavors. It’s right across the street from Six Flags Great Escape. We go to Lake George for vacation every year and Martha’s has always had the best ice cream and it’s 10 times better with Dole whips!

They are a seasonal shop and rotate their flavors but they provide a flavor calendar that can be found on their website:

2. jen says:

Pete’s polar parlor in syracuse ny has pineapple as of July 2012 and aslo Emma’s in lake placid NY as of 2011

3. jen says:

Many places in Syracuse NY have orange and raspberry dole whip including chuck hafners and thee diner and big dip. Pineapple, my favorite is harder to come by. Peters polar parlor has pineapple as of july 2012, they said they only carry it for a short time over the summer though. Also Emma’s in lake placid NY had it last year 2011 when I visited.

4. mamabear says:

Storyland in Glen, NH has Dole Whip. I had pineapple and think they had orange there too.

5. Kate Stickney says:

Jump-n-Jacks in Scotia, NY has had Dole Whip for years. It comes in several flavors but mine is still PINEAPPLE!!

6. Sarah says:

Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA has a Dole Whip stand! First I’d ever heard of it, and first time my milk allergic 4 year old has ever been able to enjoy a soft serve “ice cream” cone. We were thrilled! Mmmm!

7. Sarah says:

Guess I should’ve read all the other replies before my post!

8. Valentino says:

Dole Plantation in O’ahu, Hawai’i has Dole Whip :)

9. Jenni says:

We took the family to Noah’s Ark water park in Wisconsin Dells, WI and to our delete they serve Dole Whips. They tasted just as good at Disney, so good we any back for seconds.

10. Amy C says:

I had my first Dole Whip this summer at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA

11. Mary says:

12. Amy says:

13. Cassie says:

Daisy delight in Jefferson City, MO has Dole Whip. They usually do a different flavor daily but I have gotten pineapple there on several occasions.

14. stevie says:

dole whips are at Moolicious in southwick ma

15. Erin says:

Good ‘ol Jim’s Tastee Freez here in Delmar, NY has it! http://www.yelp.com/biz/jims-tastee-freez-delmar

16. Jen says:

They have Pineapple Dole Whip at Kelly’s Creme on Revere Beach in Revere MA. I got one 2 days ago and it was so good.

17. DooWop Dan says:

Remember When Ice Cream Shop in Pittsburgh PA, carries five flavors of Dole Whip: Strawberry, Orange, Rasberry, Mango and of course Pineapple. On Friday and Saturday night during the ice cream season, they have a DJ playing music from the 50′s and 60′s. Just a great time.

18. Lillian says:

I’m on o’ahu and of course they have it at the dole plantation, but they also have them at international marketplace in Waikiki & the Sea Life Park…

19. Tricia says:

Dole Whips are now being served at the St. Louis Zoo! Pineapple & Raspberry flavors are available.

20. Joe says:

In Bloomington, Indiana the Chocolate Moose has had dole at least since i first went there about 15 years ago I’m now 22. They only have 1 flavor at a time and when i go there is a different flavor being offered. they also let you do a Dole Whip twist which is dole whip with vanilla yogurt.

21. Tom says:

Urban Culture Frozen Yogurt in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin also carries Dole Whips. Conveniently located midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, just off I-94 east on Hwy 50.