The Disney Parks Blog has confirmed information about the Italy pizzeria that we already knew…:
- There will be a pizzeria in Epcot’s Italy
- It will open later this year (DFB Note: we’ve heard September 1st floating around)
- It will have authentic Neapolitan pizza and other Italian dishes
- The restaurant will be run by the Patina Group, who also runs Tutto Italia
BUT — they’re also telling us some things we didn’t know:
- The restaurant will seat 300
- It will have “traditional Florentine architecture,” including vaulted ceilings and outside dining
- The pizzeria will be “family style,” which could mean several different things
- The pizza will be from a wood-burning oven
- They’re…um…importing the water — though they don’t say from where they’re importing it…
It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.
Even though Disney Parks says the restaurant doesn’t officially have a name, we still think it’ll be a lot like Naples 45 in New York and Disneyland, and that the menus will be close to what we reported last week. But, Disney’s been known to pull the old switcheroo, so we’ll keep our ears open and our eyes peeled! Click here for Epcot Italy Pizzeria construction pics.