Another awesome new Disney endurance event has been announced! The Halloween Family Fun Run 5K is a brand new event that the whole family can experience together! It even includes admission to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! You’ll also have the option to purchase a commemorative pin or commemorative Mickey Ears… This race will accompany the inaugural Wine and Dine Half Marathon to complete the Fall race weekend!
Here’s the deets from Disney:
MICKEY’S HALLOWEEN FAMILY FUN RUN 5K
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Start: Happy Parking Lot at Magic Kingdom® Park
Finish: West Beach outside of Magic Kingdom® Park
This 5K will take you on a one-of-a-kind Halloween themed course through the Magic Kingdom® Park. Adults, teens and tweens can be immersed in the fantasy of Halloween and dress up as their favorite character or villain! This is the ultimate race around the neighborhood – race to the finish to receive your “trick or treat bag of refreshments”. Don’t miss your opportunity to run on the only 5K course through Magic Kingdom® Park and the unforgettable finish on West Beach.
Mickey’s Halloween Family Fun Run 5K features:
* Only 5K course through Magic Kingdom® Park
* Halloween themed Disney entertainment on-course
* Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts only
Each participant’s Mickey’s Halloween Family Fun Run 5K registration includes:
* Race Registration
* Ticket* to Mickey’s Halloween Party for the night of Sunday, October 3, 2010
* Commemorative Champion® T-shirt
* Goody Bag
* Personalized Bib (must register by August 2, 2010 for name to appear on bib)
* Trick-or-Treat bag of race refreshments
* Commemorative 5K finisher medallion
Mickey’s Halloween 5K Course Description
Race from the Happy Parking Lot toward Magic Kingdom® Park. Run past Tony’s Town Square Restaurant onto Main Street, U.S.A.® toward Tomorrowland® where you will run past the Space Mountain® Attraction, under Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress and past Indy Car Motor Speedway. The course will then turn before the Mad Tea Party to run past the Rose Garden and in front of Cinderella Castle. Follow the ghostly lights toward the Haunted Mansion as you race through Liberty Square, past The Hall of Presidents, and then onto Frontierland® and Adventureland®. After you pass the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction you will run backstage to the finish line on West Beach overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area.
DISNEY’S KIDS’ RACES
Friday, October 1, 2010
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
If your little ones aren’t ready for the 5K, here’s another option! Disney’s Kids’ Races will be hosted at ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex. These races give your little running buddy the chance to earn his or her very own finisher medallion – just like mom or dad! Children ages 8 and under can participate in this festival of fun during race weekend. Space is limited.
Each participant’s $10 registration in Disney’s Kids’ Races includes:
* Race Registration
* Commemorative T-shirt
* Personalized Bib (Must register by September 3, 2010 for name to appear on bib)
* Trick-or-Treat bag of refreshments
* Commemorative finisher medallion
Disney’s Kids’ Races Age Groups:
* 12 months and under – Diaper Dash for crawlers
* 1 – 3 years old – 100m dash
* 4 – 6 years old – 200m dash
* 7 – 8 years old – 400m dash
For more info, head over to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Website.