Update From the World — Disney Food News and Pics

Just wanted to take you with me on this food-filled event in Walt Disney World! I’m posting photos and updates continuously to twitter and facebook, but I also wanted to do a quick post here with a few of the recent highlights:

I thought this was great! For those of you addicted to 100-calorie packs of your favorite treats, Disney’s got you covered!

100 calorie packs of Minnie's cookies

New triangular truffles are being sold at candy counters throughout the World.

New truffles in WDW

A fruit basket, along with chocolates, wine, cheese, and other goodies, were delivered to the rooms of each of the event attendees. Just goes to show — there really IS a “Disney Difference.”

Gorgeous Disney Gift Basket

I enjoyed a delicious steak at Flying Fish Cafe — stay tuned in coming blog posts to read about the full meal!

Steak at Flying Fish Cafe

A new kind of Mickeyroni and Cheese!

New Mickeyroni and Cheese

Good to know you can still get a citrus swirl!

Aloha Isle Serves Citrus Swirl

Unsure as to why our Pineapple Soft Serve Dole Whip Floats were different colors… Hmm… (I promise they were both pineapple — no vanilla here!)

Dole Whips

Saw the scratch and sniff popcorn Mickey Ears for the first time! They also have a “Mickey Bar” version!

Scratch and Sniff Popcorn Mickey Ears

There’s lots more on my Facebook and Twitter pages! Stay tuned!

1. Hedy says:

I can’t wait to try the Minnie 100 calorie cookies!

2. Jennifer says:

I miss those vanilla-pineapple Dole whips!!!!!!

3. Christina says:

Not gonna lie…kinda think the Mickey popcorn ears are cute.

4. robin says:

dole whips are my ABSOLUTE favorite disney treat! oh, how i long for one!

5. Emma says:

Oh, so sad about the Mickeyroni and Cheese! I saw it the other day and it looks like it’s a different kind of cheese now. The old stuff was SO GOOD! :( :( :(

6. Please have a Dole Whip for me. Had one at night while at the Polynesian for DisneySMMoms. The popcorn Mickey ears are certainly different. Wonder how long the scent lasts, that could be annoying after a while. Enjoy the rest of your time.

Hedy — Aren’t those cool?!

Jennifer — Such a delicious and nutritious snack! ;-)

Christina — I do too. And the Mickey Bar ones, too. Who doesn’t want scratch n sniff Mickey ears?

Robin — I’m with you! I’m always craving a dole whip!

Emma — There’s still powdery cheese included — looks a lot like Kraft! And they still sell the old stuff — I saw it at Writer’s Stop!

TAF — I had my FIRST Captain Cook’s Dole Whip on this recent trip! Just as good as the Magic Kingdom (and they encourage you to pile it high in the bowl!)

8. OMG!!! I worked at a popcorn cart in the MK during a WDW College Program!!! I need that hat! Where did you find that!!!

They’re at the chapeau in wdw and are also sold in Disneyland!

10. Lizz says:

I know this post is a year old, but just want to point out that the Citrus Swirl listed is not the citrus swirl of yore. The original Citrus Swirl was a delicious mix of vanilla soft-serve with frozen orange juice. The current incarnation is just vanilla soft-serve and orange soft-serve swirled together. Not the same taste or dessert at all.