Epcot Food and Wine Festival Preview Pictures: World Showcase Booths are Up

We’re counting down to the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival here on the Disney Food Blog, and I was VERY lucky to receive two sets of photos yesterday of the World Showcase International Marketplace booths! They’ve been placed around the promenade all ready to get spiffed up for the upcoming 45-day event, which begins October 1st. The pics came from the fantastic Mr. Todd Perlmutter, and Mr. Bill Iadonisi, who I hope you’ll be seeing around here more often as a guest restaurant reviewer!

These are the booths where guests will be able to purchase small portions of regional cuisine, so you’ll see that the booths are shaped and themed to fit the country or region they represent!

NEW South Korea booth

NEW Belgium Booth -- still behind bushes

Many of the signs are remainders from last year’s focus on major cities, but the presence of the Mouse Catch booth — which isn’t listed on the 2010 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Map — makes me think they’ll be changing out signage a bit in the coming weeks. (A Cheese and Charcuterie booth is scheduled for this year, which is likely what the Mouse Catch booth will become.)

Mouse Catch will probably be Charcuterie and Cheese

Thanks to Todd and Bill for thinking of us here a the Disney Food Blog as they were in Epcot this weekend! Here are some other pics they each sent along!

Chili

Greece

Ireland

Canada

New Zealand

Looking Down the Promenade

F&W festival merchandise booth

Thanks again, all! Stay tuned for more from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival right here on the Disney Food Blog!

1. Galloping Gourmand says:

Some of these booths are in truly beautiful settings. The Belgium booth looks like an area I can linger in.

Did the USA take over my beloved Kai-Gori stand? That’s Imperialism at it’s worst!

2. Holly says:

It all looks so awesome – and I am SO jealous! I wish we were planning to be there this year instead of next year…

3. Pudge the Fish says:

I was at the World last week for business. They took us through the EPCOT back stage area for a dinner and firework event and all of these booths were haphazardly placed in a staging area behind China. It was fun to see their appearance around World Showcase as the week progressed. Looking forward to returning in mid October for the Festival.

4. Keith says:

I absolutely love the Food and Wine Festival, by far the best event Disney puts on each year. Remember, many of the food items in the booths can be purchased with the snack credits from your Disney Dining plan, a great way to see and taste the Festival without any additional money out of your pocket.

Oh, and Chili should be spelled Chile ;)

5. Alan says:

I wish there was a way to keep some of this at Epcot on a permanent basis. During the millennium celebration there was a large building (still there) behind England that had foods for purchase from many different countries. My wife still talks about the “exotic” desserts she tried on that New Years eve.

6. Patty says:

I will be there in a month! I can’t wait.

7. Joy says:

8 days until Disney! I can’t wait. This is our first F/W Festival and I am so excited.

8. Josh says:

These really look neat, I wish I could make it. (Although I’m really not even near enough to drink. ;))

Also, it’s interesting how they just stuck the Food & Wine Festival sign on top of the existing sign for the Chili booth. Maybe an after thought or something?

I’m interested in seeing what the Food & Wine festival merchandise booth looks like once it’s open. It would be great to do a side-by-side comparison of the open and closed booths once the Festival starts up.

It’s still a shame there is no UK booth representing. :(

GG — No worries! Your kaki-gori will still be there!

Holly — Next year will be great, too! When are you going to be in WDW?

Pudge — I saw those backstage, too! They forbid me to take pics and I almost cried.

Keith — Gah! That’s what you get when you put a post together too late in the evening!

Alan — Wouldn’t it lose its “specialness?” :-)

Patty — Great news!

Joy — It’s going to be great!!

Josh — They’ll likely either change the signs or more the F&W signs below the Country signs. Things will change before it starts :-) Here’s a pic of last year’s Merch booth: 2009 Merchandise

10. Holly says:

AJ – we are planning to be there in early October, 2011 :-)

11. Alan says:

AJ – Perhaps, to an extent, but a small “seasonal” version may just whet our appetite. And some folks just cannot visit at that time of year with the school year just starting.