Gluten Free Items at Epcot Food and Wine Festival

A huge thanks to Genevieve Sobieski, who wrote to me with a list of gluten-free dishes at this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival International Marketplace booths! She received this information from Disney special diets Chefs.

Canada Booth: Maple-Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad

Click on the countries listed to see full menus, photos, and prices from each booth! To see a list of all the booths with links to menus, photos, and prices, click on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival International Marketplace Booths page.

Gluten Free Menu Items at Epcot Food and Wine Festival
— Maple-Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad
— Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta

South Korea:
— Lettuce Wraps with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw

— Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red Wine Reduction

United States:
— Bison Chili with Wild Mushrooms, Cabernet, and Pepper Jack Cheese
— Heirloom Tomatoes with Oregon Blue Cheese, Red Onions, and Basil

— Grilled Pork Skewer with Farofa
— Shrimp Stew with Coconut and Lime

Puerto Rico Booth: Asopao de Pollo (Chicken Soup with Rice)

Puerto Rico:
— Asopao de Pollo (Chicken Soup with Rice)

— Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée

— Coconut-Braised, Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice

— Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache (NOTE: Genevieve says, “I tasted my sisters, only one bite, and it made me a little sick feeling, so I don’t trust them on that.”)

New Zealand:
— Seared Sea Scallop with Vegetable Slaw and Lemon Oil

— Shrimp Ceviche
— Pastel de Choclo (Beef and Corn Pie)

1. Molly says

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for posting this! I have asked over on the disboards if anyone knew of gluten free items at the F&W Festival without success. I even emailed Disney Special Diets and all they told me was to check the ingredients once I was there. So thank you again!

2. Linda says

Disney chefs think of everything. As a Nurse Practioner that specializes in Nutrition/ Diabetes it is wonderful to see choices for individuals with chronic GI conditions! I now have another reason to encourage my patients to attend the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Disney has always been sensitive to their guests and their needs. Keep up the good work!

Wow, they do indeed think of everything. Although, I say that they should have a specialty menu or way of finding out EXACTLY what Gluten-free foods are available to eat.

Nice list, is that all of them that are known so far?

4. Robin says

I have the official WDW food and wine festibal recipe for the lava cake and it says that it includes 1/3 cup of all purpose flour. Genevieve was correct – it is not gf. I am already planning on attending this year’s festival and hope to be able to find similar information as the event approaches.

That being said, since many of the offerings are repeated annually, it is nice to have this list.

5. Katie says

Thanks for the list!!!! Is there any chance you’ll be posting a list like this one for the upcoming 2011 festival?

I emailed Special Diets today (8/31/2011) requesting a list of GF items at the Festival, and received this response:

Thank you for your message.

Food items offered at the kiosks during the Food and Wine Festival are
    prepared in small kitchens and there may be a chance for cross-contact.
    For that reason, special dietary offerings and requests are not

We hope your upcoming visit is memorable.

Best regards,

(name redacted)
    Special Diets
    Walt Disney World

Hi guys — Yep, they won’t give you the list until the festival begins. We’ll try to get it once we’re there. :-) Thanks Judy!

8. Julie says

Well that’s a pretty crappy answer from the special diets dept. I just emailed them myself. I guess I can expect to get the same reply. I hope someone has better luck getting more information once the festival begins. I’m really hoping there will be a few things my son will be able to try. It would be horrible if everyone else is enjoying tasty treats & he can’t have anything.

9. Carmen says

I just got the same exact reply. My husband and I go every year for our anniversary and after being diagnosed with celiac, one of my first thoughts was that we would have to end our tradition. When I saw this blog, I was so excited that I immediately booked our hotel, hired our baby sitter and made all necessary arrangements. What a disappointment to get that reply from Disney. It is what it is, I cannot cancel at this point but my trip is in 8 days so I will be checking this site daily in hopes that someone has found some answers. Anyone think it would be safe to just go with last year’s menu since alot of the items are going to be on the menu this year? My only concern is if they change or alter the recipes in any way from one year to the next…. Good luck to all of you!