New! Mini Cupcakes at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

When Matt over at Studios Central told me about these a couple of months ago, I couldn’t wait to try them out for myself!

Six little mini-cupcakes all lined up in two neat rows in this classy Mickey cut-out box — what’s not to love? These are perfect for sharing among a family or splitting between hungry kiddos.

And if it’s just you and your spouse, six mini-cupcakes is a perfect amount to satisfy a sweet-tooth without making your belly feel like it’s full of lead! (Meaning you can still use your Rock N Roller Coaster fast passes without feeling queasy after this snack!)

The best part? They’re all different flavors:
Strawberry cake with vanilla frosting
Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Yellow cake with red frosting (didn’t taste flavored to me, but could have been…)
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting

Personally, I loved the cream cheese frosting duo, but the strawberry cake was quite good as well. I’m hoping they introduce a giant version of that one, soon!

Have you sampled these little sugary bites? What’d you think? Let us know in the comments section below!

PS: You can get these at the Scary Apothecary (next to Villains in Vogue) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I also saw them at the Candy Cauldron at Downtown Disney!

Comments

you can NEVER go wrong w/ cream cheese frosting. ;)

on another note, couldn’t they have presented these mini cupcakes a bit better? they look real cheap in those sample paper cups.

and finally, looks like someone is having fun shooting in Av (or M) mode! whatever the case, LOVING your natural light food photography!

2. Abby says

Ooo those look great! I love it when food items are in small bites and many different flavors. Another thing to add to my “food I must try at Disney” list!
    Which grows daily, thanks to you AJ!

3. Pudge the Fish says

Robin, agreed, the presentation could be miles better. It looks like they ran out of cupcake wrappers so they used ketchup cups from the food court. I wonder what the price is? I can’t imagine that I would pay more than about $3 or a snack credit for this.

4. Liz says

I’m wondering about the price too. And lol at them being in ketchup cups! Did they run out of cupcake wrappers or was that intentional?

5. Shayne says

Oh man, now I’m hungry! I shouldn’t have looked at this before lunch. Those little bites are adorable (though I agree with the others that putting them in a ketchup cup seems an odd presentational choice). Still, I want!

6. carolyn says

LOL! Ketchup wrappers – that made me chuckle. Guess they work and are easy to open b/c you can ‘pull’ them apart. :) These are adorable though – perfect for snacking while waiting for Fantasmic!

7. Rose says

RedMommy-we will be there in 23 days too! Can’t wait.
    Gonna try these cupcakes. I am not a huge sweets girl and a bitesize cupcake sounds great!

8. Mary Waite says

I’m pretty sure I bought these at the Magic Kingdom Bakery in May — but it may have been at another location, but did find them some place back in May. :o)

These should be called “cupcake shooters” in my mind since they are soo tiny. The cups that they are in also remind me of the ketchup cups they give you at the fast food restaraunts here.

All of the Yellow Cupcakes look as though they were made pretty well. The Red Velvet cake looks a bit off fromt he picture to me.

10. Steph says

Yummm!! As a cupcake connesieur I am definitely going to look for these…hopefully they’ll stick around till our next trup next year!

11. kcampbell says

I first had these a few months back and also saw them at the BW bakery and I think Goofy’s Candy Co @ DTD Marketplace a couple weeks ago. The ones I first had were dry, but the second time around they were fresh and delish! Perfect sizes b/c I never can eat a whole cupcake, but I did think they were a tad expensive (6-7 bucks) considering the size.

12. Jen says

Thanks for posting the price, kcampbell! I think I’d still try these because I love their small size. I’d rather spend this much on 6 little cupcakes that I’d eat all of than almost the same price on a huge cupcake that I couldn’t finish.

Dana — I’m not sure! You probably can’t put batter into those paper cups and put ‘em in the oven! Maybe just get mini muffin pans?

14. Shereen says

We went to Hollywood Studios last night on a cupcake quest & they no longer had the mini cupcakes :0(

15. Shelly says

How much where they and can you get the flavors you want or are they boxed with all the flavors?. They are mini for sure.

Lisa – unfortunately I haven’t seen these at DHS, but there are mini cupcakes sometimes at Art of Animation resort.