Holiday Brewer’s Collection Booths in Epcot

Who says Disney doesn’t recycle?

The Brewer’s Collection we all know and love from this year’s Epcot Food and Wine Festival has been given a new lease on life as the Holiday Brewer’s Collection this season!

The menu will please most beer-lovers. A choice of four brews is available, along with a flight — your choice of three.

Holiday Brewer's Collection Menu

But I had to try something I’ve never sampled before. I’ve always wanted to experience hot Gluhwein — a spiced German wine sold primarily during the holidays at Christmas-y German-y events like Christmas Markets and things like that. And, lo and behold, there it was!

Gluhwein

Gluhwein Story

They had a silver gluhwein warmer in the back of the Collection booths, which made everything feel very Victorian-like, indeed ;-) The holiday atmosphere around the booths definitely added to the seasonal feel of the drink.

Gluhwein Warmer

Holiday Brewer's Collection Cast Member

The Gluhwein itself was hearty and flavorful. While I’m not usually a fan of red wine, the spices and sweetness of this warmed version made it taste very different from your standard wine varietal. I actually liked it quite a bit, and could taste the influences of cinnamon, vanilla, and fruit accenting the standard full-bodied red wine.

Gluhwein

So, even if you’re not a red wine-lover, I’d still encourage you to give this a try the next time you’re in Epcot during the holiday season. Especially on those wintry December days, this pick-me-up is a perfect excuse to feel a little more jolly on your holiday!

1. Sally says:

I love to see these new unique experiences available at Epcot! Brings new life to a tried and true ‘friend’. Orlando is having hot cocoa weather this week, so I’m thinking the Gluwhein will be a hit with those that want an alternative warm beverage.

2. Brenda says:

Mulled wine … good stuff! Mulled cider is even better, especially with bourbon!! ;-)

3. Griffin says:

Sounds interesting. I’d like to try it someday :)

4. Alan says:

The label, alone, on the Gluhwein bottle makes me feel warm and comfy as if I’m sitting in front of the fireplace on Christmas eve. I’m sure what is inside would also make me feel warm and comfy.

AJ – Did you notice what the souvenir stein included with the large beer was like? For that price can they give you anything nice? All in all a very nice seasonal addition to the great walkway around the World Showcase.

5. Josh says:

Interesting twist on red wine by just spicing it up. It does sort of resemble cough syrup in form.

AJ – Are you going to stop by the Holiday booth that they have up during the Osborne lights?

6. Jen says:

Does anyone know how long this booth will be open?

7. Cara V. says:

My husband got the souvenier stein last week. It’s plastic, and has a picture of a German flag. It says:
    Biergarten
    Epcot
    Germany

on it.

Alan — Looks like Cara helped us out on that one!

Josh — I did get over to the Osborne bar! Will post soon!

Jen — Probably through the first of Jan or so; not 100% sure!

Cara — Thank you!

9. Brooke says:

Brenda – try the mulled cider with spiced rum…mmmmmmm

AJ – I’m sitting here and drinking a glass of Zinfandel, thinking that it would make a great mulled wine..and I thought of you! Have you tried Zin? It might be a red that you enjoy. It was one of the first that I fell in love with, and remains a fave to this day :-)

10. Michael says:

Hey Guys,
    just some facts direct from Germany. Gl├╝hwein (or Gluehwein) is very famous in Germany indeed. But this bottles with ready to drink stuff cost only 1-3 Euro here. If you want a better quality, try to make your own homemade Gluehwein. Just add Cinnamon, orange peel, lemon peel, cloves, vanilla sugar into a cup of red wine and heat it in your Microwaveoven. If you want add a teaspoon Caribbean Rum.

If you wanna buy such Steins, take a look at the prices here: