Snack Series: Cheddar Mickey Crackers

Dining in Disneyland columnist Heather Sievers is back with a review of the Chip and Dale Snack Company’s Cheddar Mickey Crackers! These can be found in WDW and Disneyland…

Cheddar Mickey Crackers

On our recent Disney Vacation Club stay at the Grand Californian, the DVC left us a “hospitality” basket in our room for some issues (long story, let’s just talk snacks) that had happened during our last stay. Anyhow, what a nice surprise…

Hospitality Basket

In our beautiful basket there were lots and lots of snacks. One that we had never purchased or tried before were the Cheddar Mickey Crackers by the Chip & Dale Snack Company. Today, we ripped open the resealable bag and went to town on them. My first impression was that they were completely adorable. Perfectly puffed, bright orange, little Mickey heads.

Perfectly Puffed

I passed out a handful to each of my boys and then poured some for myself. I was thinking they’d taste just like Goldfish Crackers, but they were a little cheesier tasting. Not too cheesy or artificial, but more along the line of a Cheez-It cracker. We were all pleasantly surprised and ate almost the whole bag.

The crackers are crunchy, non greasy and they are definitely a snack I can feel good about giving to my kids while at Disneyland. No mess, and not completely unhealthy like the churro or ice cream they’d prefer. It’s a good compromise!

Cheddar Mickey Crackers nutrition info

The bag is generously sized and is also resealable, so they will stay fresh if you don’t finish them in one sitting. I’m also thinking it would be a fun little surprise to pack in a lunch. Buy a bag to take home and sneak them into your loved one’s lunch bag. A 6 oz. Family Size Bag will set you back $3.50. Who wouldn’t smile at the sight of these cute crackers?

Cheddar Mickey Crackers Bag

1. Sarah says:

The Cheddar Mickey Crackers are a favorite of ours! Much like Goldfish crackers, the bag doesn’t last us very long once it’s been opened! :)

2. Lisa says:

Oooh – these look nice :D
    One of the things that I love so much about the DFB is the pictures. Seeing that big gift basket with all the food just makes me so desperate to be at the parks and it’s just nice to have that odd reminder of the little things :)

Sarah — I’m the same way! I look down and the bag’s almost empty! “How did that happen?!”

Lisa — Thanks, L! I agree; the pictures are what make the story.

4. Galloping Gourmand says:

I’ve never even seen these. They look good an healthy (for a cheddar cracker). Hope I can try them soon.

5. Dana says:

Back when the childrens menu’s were actually diverse and…well….less “healthy”…they used to offer a small bag of these as a side. They were delicious!

6. Joy4Tigger says:

I love those! They’re kosher, too! I also think they taste like Cheez-It crackers but with the Mickey shape they’re way MORE fun to eat! We almost always come back with a bag for snacking on at home to remind of us our great trip.

7. Carolyn says:

Oh dear me! I am a huge fan of Fishies *and* Cheez-Its. May need to use snack credits for these, if that’s available. But I won’t be able to re-seal the bag… there’ll be nothing left to reseal! Love the crunchy salty snacks. Mmmm! And they look SO cute!! :D

8. Megan says:

I absolutely love these crackers. I call them Mickeyfish and must have at least one bag while I’m there. I think these are much better than regular old goldfish.

GG — I don’t usually have much stomach space for them after eating at all the restaurants, but they’re a fun “bring-home” item!

Dana — They really have become more “healthy” haven’t they? :-)

Joy — I love Cheez-its!! :-)

Carolyn — I know; aren’t they adorable? I’m a huge fan of fishies and cheez-its, too. Thanks Disney for making them into one snack!

Megan — Mickeyfish! I love it!

10. Heather says:

Who knew these would get such a great response! YEA!

11. Joanna says:

Hate to be the one to rain on the cheesy cracker parade, but I bought these a couple of weeks ago and really didn’t like them. I wanted them to have salt on them like Goldfish crackers (or even Cheez-Its), but they didn’t. I found them to be *adorable* but the flavor was off for me. :-/ Almost too cheesy…

12. Julie says:

We love Disney-themed snacks. And though these are a favorite, we can’t get enough of the Chip & Dale Snack Co. pretzels. We stuff ‘em in our packs when we’re at the park and always make sure we have some to bring home. I love being able to put these super-fun goodies in my son’s school lunches.

I can’t prove it, but I think there’s Disney magic in these snacks that make them so much better than what you find outside the parks.

Heather — I know! I’m about to throw in the towel! ;-D

Joanna — I totally get the need for salt!!! I’m a sodium addict extraordinaire. Sometimes things just don’t work for everyone (there are actually people who don’t like Dole Whips. Hard to believe, but true!)

Julie — So do the pretzels taste different than other pretzels? I find that Mickey-roni and Cheese is better than other blue box mac and cheese, so maybe it’s the shape…

14. Josh says:

First thing that comes to mind when seeing those are definitely GoldFish snack crackers.

I’d have to say that is pretty decently priced for a bag that sized AND Disney-ized.

The shape may have something to do with it as well… ;)

15. Michele says:

Hmmm, I maybe have to get these! Yes, yes, i do.