Disney World’s Candlelight Processional is a magical special event that will be offered this year between November 25th and December 30th.
The Processional is a “Living Christmas Tree” of singers, including the Disney World Cast Member choir, Voices of Liberty, and multiple choirs from churches and schools throughout the USA. After processing into the America Gardens Theater in Epcot, singers form a giant “tree” and sing carols and traditional Christmas music accompanied by a full orchestra. Throughout the show, a celebrity narrator (these change throughout the season) reads the Christmas Story.
The show is always incredibly popular. Guests line up for one or more hours to get a seat at one of the three nightly performances (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 pm). While the hour-long show is free (with Epcot admission), you can choose to purchase a Dining Package, which will give you guaranteed entry at one of the shows.
The complete list of narrators has been finalized, yet the performance schedule is subject to change. The list is as follows:
- Mira Sorvino – 11/25 – 27
- Michael W. Smith – 11/28 – 12/1
- Geena Davis – 12/2 – 3
- Edward James Olmos – 12/4 – 6
- Isabella Rossellini – 12/7 – 9
- Neil Patrick Harris – 12/10 – 12
- Lorraine Bracco – 12/13 – 15
- Chita Rivera – 12/16 – 18
- Trace Adkins – 12/19 – 21
- Susan Lucci – 12/22 – 24
- Blair Underwood – 12/25 – 27
- Marlee Matlin – 12/28 – 30
Dinner Package Information
Booking a Candlelight Processional Dinner Package means that you’ll have an advanced dining reservation for a participating restaurant at a particular time. Once you dine there, you’ll receive a badge that allows you to get into the guaranteed entry line outside the America Gardens Theater in Epcot to wait for your Processional performance to begin.
Lunch and Dinner Packages include:
- Non-alcoholic beverage (excludes non-alcoholic specialty drinks)
- OR full buffet, where applicable
- Guaranteed seating at the Candlelight Processional show (seats are not reserved)
- Pre-arranged Fireworks Viewing Area (IllumiNations viewing area will vary)
Tax and gratuity are not included in prices.
Disney Dining Plan – two table service credits per person (Dining Package is included for Premium and Platinum package guests).
Lunch packages – $32.99 – 53.99 for adults and $12.99-17.99 for children.
Dinner packages – $49.99-64.99 for adults and $15.99-26.99 for children.
Children 3-9 must order from kid’s menu where applicable. Price includes child’s entree, dessert and a non-specialty beverage OR full buffet.
Biergarten, Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Garden Grill (dinner only), La Hacienda (dinner only), Le Cellier (lunch only), Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli
Lunch 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. for 5:00 p.m. show
Dinner 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. for 6:45 p.m show
Dinner 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. for 8:15 p.m. show
Unfortunately, we still recommend that you line up early (30-45 minutes in advance), as seats are not assigned and the closer you are to the front of the line corresponds to how much choice you’ll have when picking a seat. Remember that half of the amphitheater is not covered, so if it’s raining, you will get wet if you’re not seated close enough to the stage.
The IllumiNations fireworks viewing location will vary. Your assigned area will be noted on your seating badge which is received at your dining location.
If you’re using the Disney Dining Plan, the Candlelight Processional Package will cost 2 table-service credits per person.
* Candlelight Dinner Packages do not include Park admission. At time of booking, a credit card number will be taken, but full payment will be made at the restaurant on the evening of your package. The Candlelight Processional Dinner Package may be reserved by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Note that no packages are offered for the 5:00 p.m. show on December 4th.
Stay tuned for more information. If you’re in a holiday mood, check out our favorite food-related things to do and see in Disney during the holidays!