Menu Spotlight: New Tasting Plate at 50s Prime Time Cafe

Thanks to reader Mandy Jansen, we’ve got something new to look forward to at 50s Prime Time Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Check it out… a tasting plate of all three of Prime Time’s most beloved meals: Dad’s Meatloaf, Mom’s Pot Roast, and Aunt Liz’s Fried Chicken!

Thanks for whetting our appetites, Mandy!! I hope this is here on my next visit!

1. Shayne says

Oooh, I promise to chew with my mouth closed and keep my elbows off the table if I can get one of these — the best of all worlds!

It was delicious! I hadn’t been the the 50s Prime Time Cafe before. “Mom” (our server) said that if I was having trouble deciding, there was a special — these three most popular dishes as a sampler for $19.99. I was there on Valentine’s Day (2/14/11) for lunch with my mom (my mom’s first WDW visit). I was glad I was able to get such a fun entree, because I love sampler platters and enjoy variety. It is a pretty good option on the dining plan, too, because it’s so much food. I didn’t it all of it, but “Mom” didn’t give me a hard time about not clearing my plate.

3. melissa sue says

Mandy, good to know Mom didn’t give you a hard time about not finishing … because that is A LOT of food!!

4. Peggy Sue Brister says

How much does it cost? We like to know what it is going to set us back if we aren’t using DIsney Dining Credits.

5. John B says

I’m going to 50’s in Aug with my real mom and hope they still have this! I always have such a hard time deciding what to get, so this would be perfect.

Andrea, yes! It counts as the entree. I had a PB&J shake for my non-alcoholic drink, the sampler plate for my entree, and Dad’s brownie sundae for my dessert — all on the Disney Dining Plan! The only thing I finished was the shake, though. :) Delicious, but far too much food.

7. Mark D. says

I have never been to 50’s Prime Time so it would be awesome to try everything at once. Thanks for posting!

We were there late in January and I had this as my entree. It was very good! We were on the regular dining plan. I had a cherry coke (refillable) as my drink and got the peanut butter shake as my dessert (and had to take a lot of it with me in a take-out cup). It was a LOT of food and I didn’t finish all of it, but it was a very good sampler plate!

9. Edmoe says

They read my mind! Every time my wife and I go we have a hard time deciding between these three entrees. This is the perfect dish for me. Unfortunately, I was there about a week ago and wasn’t informed of this option. Our server did seem a little new and overwhelmed so maybe he just forgot:(

I’ve had the Meatloaf before and it is pretty good. I would entertain this if I was on the mealplan, but probably wouldn’t get it otherwise. I do like the idea of having a sampling of each item though since I always have a difficult time making up my mind.

11. Larry Brooks says

I have had this dish many a time and it is very good. The greens, I could take or leave. I love greens, but these miss the mark. Get the green beans.