When I sailed on the January Christening Cruise and completed the Disney Dream Dine Around, the dessert at Palo was a highlight. Here’s the recipe so that you can try it at home!
Where to Find It
The Chocolate Souffle is the popular dessert created at Palo aboard the Disney Dream. Palo is the adults-only restaurant that requires reservations.
Here’s the recipe…
How to Make It
3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the soufflé cups
6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting the soufflé cups
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
2 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs, separated
Vanilla Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
3. Butter six 4-ounce soufflé cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
4. Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan, meanwhile; melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
6. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
7. Pour the batter into prepared soufflé cups. Place cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway the sides of the soufflé cups.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm vanilla sauce.
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
3 tablespoons sugar
2 small egg yolks
1. Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Combine sugar and egg yolks.
3. Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
For more of our coverage from the Disney Dream, the Disney Cruise Line’s newest cruise ship, check out our Disney Dream Dine Around page!
Let us know if you try this recipe and what YOU think!
Recipe courtesy the Disney Cruise Line