Disney Food Pics of the Week: Cupcakes

Thanks for all of the awesome picture submissions to the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza! The photos are incredible! This week, the Disney Food Pics of the Week feature one of our favorite snack items, cupcakes!

To start out, this Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake at Starring Rolls Cafe in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is gorgeous and delicious. Who needs a meal when you can have this? ;-)
Photographer: macnunu

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake

The Zebra Cupcake at Kusafiri Bakery in Animal Kingdom is a fun, contemporary-looking treat that kids (and grown-ups) will definitely have fun eating.
Photographer: planningwdw

Zebra Cupcake

This Dulce de Leche Cupcake from the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort has lighter frosting, but a rich flavor!
Photographer: magicalkingdoms

Dulce de Leche

All images are copyrighted to their photographers. Do not download or re-use without photographer permission.

Thanks to the photographers who have submitted these photos to the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza on Flickr! Share your foodie photos with us, too!

To see more of our Disney Food Pics of the Week series, click this link!

1. chris says:

You know, I’m always impressed that people manage to take these photos without jumping in and eating right away.

2. Ben says:

Thanks for featuring our zebra cupcake photo! It almost didn’t happen – we got the very last one that day! We’d been looking forward to it since reading about it here on DFB and would have been sorely disappointed if we’d missed out!

3. JoAnn says:

I had a good cupcake at Pop Century last year. I can’t wait to try others.

4. Greg says:

I have a request.

My wife loved the simple chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting at POR when we went last year. No one seems to have pictures of these simple cupcakes. Instead, all the pictures seem to be of the fancier cupcakes. If anyone could snag a picture of the chocolate cupcakes at the food court at Port Orleans, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

5. Christa says:

That red velvet cupcake has been my breakfast on more than one occasion. :)

6. Emily says:

The black forest cupcake from Contempo Cafe is delicious as well: Chocolate cupcake with cherry pie filling, a mountain of frosting and chocolate shavings and a chocolate covered cherry on top. YUM!

7. Lee says:

With the reviews of cupcakes, I would like to kow what kind of frosting is used. Is it made with confectioners (powdered) sugar, is it “whipped cream” which is smoother and much less sweet, or other. There are some of these that look like I should try, but I don’t want to waste my money (for my tastes) if it is the confectioner sugar & butter version because that is much too sweet for me. The Dulce de Leche one, for example, looks like it might be frosted with the whipped variety.

8. Heather says:

OMG have you seen the new Cotton Top tamarind cupcake from Kusifari? I can send you pics if you want!

Heather — I want pics!!!

Lee — The Contemporary cupcakes are more of a whipped cream, basically a VERY light buttercream. :-) The others are hard core buttercream.

10. Christian says:

You should really try the Spaghetti and Meatball cupcake at Mama melrose’s in DHS. Next time we go we will get a picture…If the kids let us before digging in!!