Disney Food Pics of the Week: Salads

Thanks to all who have contributed their photos to the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza! Keep sending them in — we love ‘em!

This week, the Disney Food Pics of the Week feature a dish that works as an appetizer or a meal — Salads! These greens look crunchy, tasty, and fun!

This Salmon Salad is served at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland! Photographer: Kirsten ☼ Marie

Salmon Salad

Kind of reminds me of Mt. Everest! This Mandarin Chicken Salad at Yak and Yeti in the Animal Kingdom looks large enough to share with the whole family! Photographer: shnewell

Mandarin Chicken Salad

This Seared Tuna Salad is served at a food court. Amazing! Stop by Sunshine Seasons in Epcot after using your Soarin’ FastPass! Photographer: Melanie Fontaine

Seared Tuna Salad

All images are copyrighted to their photographers. Do not download or re-use without photographer permission.

As always, thank you to the photographers who have submitted these photos to the Disney Food Blog Photo Extravaganza on Flickr! Come join us!

To see more of our Disney Food Pics of the Week series, click this link!

Do you have a favorite salad in Disney World or Disneyland that we should try? Let us know in the comments section below!

Comments

1. Marianela says

My favorite salad is not listed above, but I have to mention it: the Cesar salad with chicken at the sunshine season. Is the best cesar I’ve ever eaten!!! Is a must in every trip to Epcot…

2. Dave says

We’re at the Beach Club Villas this week and have found two wonderful salad options here at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. The first is the wedge salad at The Captain’s Grille — wonderful. I’m not a big cilantro fan (hate the stuff in fact), so I got mine with bleu cheese dressing. Others at the table got the white basalmic-cilantro dressing on the menu and raved about it. Mine was wonderful, too. I’ve had it for a lunch one day, and as an appetizer for dinner, another.

Another great salad option when staying at the Yacht or Beach Clubs is the made-to-order salad at the Beach Club Marketplace. This has been a late-night-after-park dinner for me, and also a lounge-around-the-pool lunch. A little pricey at $8.59, but they’re very generous with the portions.

Thanks for the very timely topic for me. I’m on day 7 of my 16-day-I-swear-I’m-going-to-stay-on-my-carb-consious-diet vacation. With tasty choices like these, I haven’t been tempted to stray from my diet yet.

We’re in Epcot, tomorrow. Looking forward to trying the seared tuna salad. It looks wonderful.

3. Sandra says

Add another vote for the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons. Light and just perfect for a hot day when you have indugled in one too many giant cupcakes–or plan to. A great choice for vegetarian eaters at a CS price.

Marianela — Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Lisa and Sandra — I’ve heard a lot about that one! Thanks!

Dave — I’m honored that you’re checking in on the DFB while you’re in WDW!! Thanks for the tips from Yacht and Beach!

Janna — Ooh, great choice!!

5. Elisabeth says

I will probably sound a little low rent, but my favorite salad is the Greek Salad from POP food court. I’ve had amazing salads at Cali Grill (Asian Rock Shrimp Salad) and Sunshine Seasons (Seared Tuna Salad) and Olivia’s (Cobb Salad), but that Greek Salad from POP calls to me every time.

6. Patty says

We will be at the Boardwalk just two weeks from today! I have two salads that I actually dream about between trips, the Sesame Chicken salad from the Lotus Blossom Cafe and the BBQ Chicken salad from Flametree BBQ. I can’t wait to start grazing my way around WDW!

7. Galloping Gourmand says

The seared tuna salad is easily my favorite quick service dish in all of WDW. It’s light enough for a hot day, filling enough for the slightly chilly ones, and a great value.

8. Gabriella says

All of the salads at Wolfgang Puck Express Counter Service in Downtown Disney are awesome, especially the beet and goat cheese salad…almost better than Sunshine Seasons. Plus, you get an AP discount at this counter service!! Their pizzas by the way are thin crust and VERY yummy, just as good as, dare I say, Via Napoli!

9. Andy says

In order my top 5 Disney salads are from:
    1. Heart of Romaine with Caesar at Narcoossee’s (Grand Floridian) which is my favorite thing to eat period.
    2. Caesar at California Grill (Contemporary)
    3. Chicken Caesar at Sunshine Seasons (The Land at Epcot)
    4. Caesar at Tony’s Town Square (Magic Kingdom)
    5. Cobb at Brown Derby (DHS)