Just one more week until the Second Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic, which will take place Friday, October 7, and Saturday, October 8, 2011. Check out loads of new menu photos and information here!
We’ve interviewed one of the head honchos (and Riesling Rendevous seminar teacher!) to give you a sneak peek into this year’s event — which has tripled in size!
Event Details From Luciano Sperduto, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
As Assistant Director of Food & Beverage for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Luciano is part of the leadership team responsible for planning and overseeing the execution of the Food & Wine Classic.
More Food and Beverage Booths Will Appear This Year
This year, look for 26 beverage booths and more than 11 food booths, including a new addition from the Garden Grove!
The pastry booth alone will have eight to ten items to nosh on!
Cocktail 101 Seminars Introduced
When guests requested more spirits, Cocktail 101 seminars were devised.
In these 15-minute seminars, you’ll learn how to make a classic cocktail and then diversify it! Watch for a holiday cocktail that will be perfect for impressing your friends this season. Oh, and there will be the opportunity to taste as well!
These sessions will be offered on the causeway with fifty tickets (no extra cost) offered first-come-first-served for each demo at 6:30, 7:15, and 8:00 p.m. Go to Crescent Terrace near Il Mulino for your ticketed time slot.
To differentiate these events from the Mixology Seminars taking place at 4:30pm, the extra-cost Mixology seminars will go much deeper into modern mixology with the use of liquid nitrogen and other trends; cocktails 101 is just the basics.
New for 2012
You can expect plenty of changes at this year’s Classic! Here are just a few…
- More recipe cards so guests can make their favorite drinks and food at home.
- Booths will be set up by region. For example, the sushi and sake booths will be next to each other.
- New wines from Ohio (Ferrante Winery is surprisingly delicious), New York, and Sonoma. But Italy and France have not been left out!
- Chef Cib’s Smoker will be creating some tasty creations!
- Spanish Wines seminar (see a sneak peek here)!
- Seminar Classroom set-ups will be more user-friendly!
- There will be an expanded retail area where guests can purchase Food & Wine Classic merchandise.
- A free app will help guests navigate through the event. More info coming soon!
Celebrity Chef Todd English
Todd English will be showcasing some classic foods at an extra-large booth. The chef will also have books for sale and book signing opportunities. You’ll have the chance for a meet and greet!
Our Favorite Reason To Visit…
One very important thing to remember about the Food & Wine Classic Causeway tasting booths: they’re all-you-can-eat (and drink)! Yep, the one-time causeway fee allows guests to indulge as much as they want rather than having to pay for each sample.
Check out new menu photos from the causeway here!
To book your Causeway ticket and Seminar tickets, check out this link!