Tables in Wonderland June Event: Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Tables in Wonderland has announced a spectacular event for June!

The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Location: Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Date: Friday June 15 and Saturday June 16, 2012 8:00 – 10:30pm
Cost: $165.00 per person, plus tax. Gratuity is included.

When you arrive Disney’s Hollywood Studios, walk to the Majestic Graumann’s Chinese Theatre courtyard. From there, you’ll be invited to inside The Great Movie Ride attraction with exclusive backstage VIP access!

Imagine getting to walk through and dine inside the attraction experiencing the sets from Busby Berkeley musicals, crime dramas, old-fashioned Westerns, and more!

The Great Movie Ride Dinner - click image for larger version

Passed Reception in the Gangster Scene – 8:00 – 8:30 p.m.
“Squid and Beans” Salad
“Gambino” Balsamic Beef with Palermo Roasted Tomato
“Terranova” Blistered Artichoke Cheese Quenelle

Plated Dinner in the Western Scene – 8:30 – 10 p.m.
Creamy Free Range Yard Bird Corn Chowder with Piquillo Peppers and Ciabatta Bread
Wild Greens and Herbs with Cactus Cilantro Vinaigrette with Beet Tumbleweeds with Mandarin Rice Wine Marinade
Poblano Barbeque Braised Beef Short Rib with Tobacco Onions
Smoky Cheddar Potatoes Gratin
Black Skillet Roasted Baby Green Beans with Mushrooms
House-made Fire Roasted Corn Bread with Butter

Dessert Buffet in the Land of Oz – 10:00 – 10:30 p.m.
Wicked Witch Pistachio Cannoli
Emerald Cheesecake Pushups
Ruby Strawberry Panna Cotta
Dark Forest Chocolate Decadence with Raspberry Gel
Yellow Brick Caramel Milk Cake
Auntie Em’s Apple Cake

Beer, Wine, Specialty Beverages

For reservations, e-mail WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com with the following information: your interest to book, your name, daytime phone number, home address, and the number of people in your party. Indicate which event date you are requesting, June 15 or June 16. You will be notified on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Your credit card will be taken over the phone once your reservation is confirmed. It may take up to 2 weeks to receive a reply; please send only ONE email. The event is limited to 80 Guests per event date. This event is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members.

Comments

Why, oh why don’t I live in Orlando? When I got the TIW email today and saw the Great Movie Ride dinner, my husband and I immediately turned sad. We’ve always wanted to do that, but no way we can be there on such short notice. :(

2. Kim says

I sympathize, Shayne! My family actually departs WDW early on the 15th. So close, but not possible for us. :-(

I’m with you guys, Kim and Shayne! I would love to go to this, but it just isn’t going to happen. ;-)

4. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Can’t believe my wife & I are actually contemplating this — we’ll have been down there the weekend before that, and are trying to convince ourselves to go to this as well (we’re a 5-hour drive away from WDW). :-O

Convince us!!! LOL

5. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Thanks, AJ — we don’t need a lot of convincing…haha!!

So, I emailed them this morning, not even sure if they’ll have availability, so I guess we’ll see! It would make a great anniversary present tho (we said we were going to a nice meal anyways, so what if it’s 5 hours away?) :-)

Anywho — I read a review (on another site, boo) from the 2010 event and it sounds amazing. What really got me was that Otto Von Bahn Bahn greeted the crowd and was there for at least a little while — he’s one of our favorite Citizens of Hollywood.

6. Luv4Disney says

DH and I are considering just going for the weekend! We’ve been wanting to do this forever. I think we are crazy. I emailed them the day I got the email and still waiting to hear anything. Anyone hear back from them yet?

7. Jamie in Jax says

I emailed them on 5/4… haven’t heard anything yet. It says it may take up to 2 weeks to hear back from them… so I guess we’ll just hurry up and wait. ;)

8. Luv4Disney says

I emailed them that day too. The waiting is killing me! lol. ;) I wonder if they email you first or just call you.

9. mommary says

I have heard nothing yet myself.
    I e mailed on the 4th. Right now air fares are pretty good so I would love to hear from them soon.
    Do they announce when the event is full?

10. Luv4Disney says

Still haven’t heard anything. :( Luckily we leave for Disney today, so hopefully something soon!!

11. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Oh, the wait is killing me — haven’t heard back from them, keeping our fingers crossed!

Has anybody gotten confirmation about availability, etc.???

12. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Follow-up — we haven’t even gotten a “hey, we received your email” email reply… :-(

13. Dr. Nigel Channing says

No call or email today! :-(

Has anybody else gotten any notification?

14. Luv4Disney says

Still nothing here either. :(. Aggravating. I don’t even know what airfare is now and I worry that it’ll keep just going up.

15. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Probably so…

I’m paranoid that they didn’t get our email, or were already full by the time I sent it, etc. etc…

We really want this!!!

16. Luv4Disney says

I find it weird that we all did I the first day and not one of us heard anything. An email saying it’s full or something would be nice.

17. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Update: Still waiting! Falling into a deep dark despair…

Someone on Twitter posted on 5/17 that they got in – lucky!

18. mommary says

I am as well! I would think at this point our chances are slim to none especially if people heard as early as the 17th.

19. Jamie in Jax says

You know… if they get this kind of response for the Movie Ride Dinner, why don’t they do this TIW more often? We were lucky enough to go in 2010… looking doubtful for 2012. Still waiting… :(

20. Scott in Ohio says

I’m a pass holder in Cleveland who is hoping to hear soon, too. I’m a teacher and it’s almost impossible to get to most of the events during the school year….attended the Cat Cora luncheon a couple of years back–boy do they do things up right!

21. mommary says

i just got the call!!
    I am in for June 16th. So excited!!
    The airfare was the cheapest I have seen as well!!
    Hope you all hear soon!!!!

22. Luv4Disney says

So lucky! Happy you got it!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you know what time you had sent your email on the 4th? lol. Trying to figure out if we still have a shot.

23. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Congrats! When did you send your email in?

Still holding out hope here…

24. Luv4Disney says

That’s what I’m wondering too. I didn’t get mine in until about 2pm on the 4th, requesting the 16th. Still holding on to a little bit of hope.

25. Dr. Nigel Channing says

We didn’t email until the 6th (for the 16th), so I’m sure we don’t stand a chance…

26. Jamie in Jax says

For those of you that don’t make it in this time around, the CM told me that this is such a popular event and sells out so fast, that they are going to start doing 2 weekends a year instead of just one. Not sure if there will be another one this year, but 2013 sounds promising. :)

27. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Glad to hear that they are still making calls — and congrats to those of you that are getting in!!

I know our chances are slim, but still keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.

Good news about them expanding the event!!!

28. Dr. Nigel Channing says

Well, we received the dreaded “DENIED” email just a few minutes ago:

“Hello. Thank you so much for your interest in the Tables in Wonderland Special Event at The Great Movie Ride. The event sold out almost immediately. We have automatically added you to the Wait List. We will call and/or email you should a spot become available. Thank you again for your interest, and we hope to see you at another Tables in Wonderland event soon!”

Kudos to them for actually replying & letting us know, as opposed to me ‘wondering’ for another week!

29. Jamie in Jax says

Sorry Doc. Maybe you can get in on the next one. Hopefully they will stay true to what they told me and start having multiple Movie Ride events each year, so keep your chin up! :)

30. Dr. Nigel Channing says

And we’ll be sure to be a bit quicker on the draw next time around! :-)

31. Jamie in Jax says

Will do! Hey AJ/DFB… do you want me to do a blog for everyone to enjoy? Just say the word and I would love to post pictures and take part in that. Thanks! :)

@Jamie in Jax — Yes, please!! Would LOVE to have a review and pics from the dinner! I’ll contact you offline with details.

Dr. Nigel — I’m so sorry to hear you’re on the wait list. My fingers are crossed for you; I know how much you wanted to attend!