Model Shots: Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern

UPDATE: Read about the Opening Date for Be Our Guest Restaurant and Reservations Info!

Thanks again to reader and super Disney Food Scrapbooker Heather W. for some awesome photos from the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Model, currently in residence at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

New Fantasyland Map

Of course, our biggest focus here are the upcoming restaurants — Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston’s Tavern — scheduled to open in “late 2012.”

Fantasyland Model

We see Beast’s Castle looming in the upper right-hand corner!

Fantasyland Model

This wall serves as the gateway to the new area. Here is where Belle’s Cottage where “Enchanted Tales with Belle” will take place. I can almost see Belle strolling through with a book in hand!

Fantasyland

Nestled at the base of the Beast’s Castle is Gaston’s Tavern. As guests approach the pub in this French village, the impressive fountain highlights Gaston’s super-ego.

Inside this counter-service location, a huge portrait will further showcase Gaston’s love — of himself! After the tavern, venture across the way to Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Gaston's Tavern

Yes, we are all eagerly anticipating the opening of the imagineering marvel, Be Our Guest Restaurant! We’ve seen a sneak peek of the ballroom with a breathtaking mural, and read descriptions of the various dining rooms.

The doors inside the lower rocks (on the right) and between the green trees lead to Be Our Guest. Knock, knock!

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Another view of Be Our Guest underneath the Castle!

Be Our Guest Restaurant

And here’s the REAL Beast’s Castle majestically overlooking the quaint French village in the new Fantasyland.

Beast Castle

Now, we can’t wait to see the menu (and grab an ADR)! Are you with us?

Join our Disney Food Blog Newsletter to get news about Be Our Guest Restuarant and Gaston’s Tavern as soon as we do!

1. Sarah says:

Oh goodness I can’ t wait!!!! Hopefully it will be open early Oct!!!!

2. Kb says:

Please make sure that post when they are taking reservations to Be Our Guest as soon as you find out!!

3. Alan says:

It’s so nice to see such a major redo at the MK and not just a tweak. I know business has lagged over the last half-dozen or more years but this shows toward thinking and I for one am grateful.

4. Kim LaPaglia says:

Sarah – The anticipation is unreal, right?!!

Kb – We’ll send post the news just as soon as we hear that reservations are opening for Be Our Guest. So far, we’ve heard that the restaurant should be open for the holidays.

Alan – I can’t wait to see the new Fantasyland. Let’s hope it’s everything that we envision!

5. Jenny says:

I wonder what they will be serving at Gaston’s.

6. Liz says:

I can’t wait to see it in November!!!

7. Catherine says:

Can’t wait to see all the new things in September !!

8. Essie says:

This is so magical; I’m so hoping that BOG will be open for our visit to the AoA resort right after Thanksgiving. I’ve even saved a TS credit for it. I love how close all of the trees and rocks and everything look; it’s like we will feel as if we really are in a magical forest and village! :)

9. Colleen says:

I can’t wait! I am arriving day after Christmas! Sounds like it will be open for sure by then. We are wanting to eat at Cindy’s of course but I hope to get adr for this one too!