The 2012 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is well underway, and one of the winners of this year’s festival (yet again!) is the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache from the Ireland Marketplace!
Long a favorite stop on the Food and Wine Festival Booth crawl, Ireland is a fan favorite this year as always.
And with this incredible dish, as well as the rich and delicious Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie, is it any wonder why there is always a line at this booth?
Don’t forget to read our review of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival Ireland Booth here! But in the meantime, let’s get cooking!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache
For Chocolate Lava Cake:
8 1-ounce semisweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter
5 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
4 ounces milk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
3. Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
4. Fold in chocolate mixture.
5. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth.
6. Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 25 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
8. Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates and drizzle with ganache.
1. Stir together cream and Baileys in a small saucepan over medium heat. Just before boiling point, remove from heat and stir in milk chocolate.
Cook’s Notes: You can also use muffin tins; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes or until set and middle is still soft.
Remember! If you’re heading to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, don’t miss out on our 160-page DFB Mini-Guide to the 2012 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival e-Book!
It’s a great deal and packs everything you need to know to plan your trip into one handy little guide. And its easy e-book format means that you can take it with you to the park with no fuss!
Find out more about the DFB Guide to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival here! And use code COUNTDOWN for a $3 discount today!