Snack Series: Triple Chocolate Cake in Disney World

We’re SO excited about the Grand Launch of our DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book, 2013 Edition! In honor of the book, I’d like to share a favorite snack from the Magic Kingdom today!

Don’t forget to pick up your copy with the limited time discount!! Get $2 off TODAY with code Magic13 at check-out!

Chocolate Cake -- one of many snacks in the Magic Kingdom!

Triple Chocolate Cake in Disney World

This is one of the varied “counter-service” desserts you’ll find in Disney World on your visit — many of which are lackluster. And that’s initially what I feared about the chocolate cake! Would it be any good?

I decided to get it on a visit to Tortuga Tavern because I’d never had it before (and I never want there to be any food at Disney World that I’ve never had before…).

Tortuga Tavern Menu

I took the cake to an outdoor table and snapped some shots. It looked good enough, with that ooey-gooey frosting and the Mickey sprinkles…

Inspecting the goods...

But, like I said, I’ve been burned before when it comes to counter-service desserts!

I soon dug in…and was MORE than impressed! This cake was moist — not at all dry or crumbly like my previous experiences with counter-service cake — and the frosting was super fudgy. Even better, it really packed a dark chocolate punch of flavor.

Inside the Chocolate Cake

Maybe my standards were just set low, but I really did enjoy this one and ate a lot more of it than I’d planned on… ;-) This was like my awakening with the Strawberry Cheesecake over at Electric Umbrella!

Find out more about the Chocolate Cake and over 100 other snacks in the Magic Kingdom in our DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book, 2013 Edition! Don’t forget to use code Magic13 to get your discount for a limited time! The e-book comes with a money-back guarantee, so you’ve got nothing to lose! :-)

Have you tried the Chocolate Cake or another Disney counter-service dessert? Let us know your favorites in the comments below!

1. Vicki says:

We love to pick this cake up & save it for breakfast the next morning. The packaging makes it easily portable:)

2. Georgeanne says:

Is this the same cake I would’ve gotten counter service in one of the water parks? If so, I agree that it was surprisingly yummy:)

3. lebeau says:

I have found the cake to be servicable when I am on the meal plan. I would never pay for it out of pocket. And if carrot cake is an option, that’s where I am going. Once, my wife got this cake at Cosmic Ray’s and it was freezer burned to the point of being inedible.

4. Amy says:

I always tell people this is the best chocolate cake in all of MK. I am not sure why it is any different than the chocolate cake from the other CS places but it is. We always save room for it!

5. Kim says:

This is my mom’s “go-to” bedtime snack while in Walt Disney World. She picks it up at the resort quick-service restaurant wherever she’s staying! :-)

6. Leslie says:

I completely agree! We were on the DDP last year, and I got it only because I had to get dessert and had no real intention of eating more than a bite. I actually tend not to like chocolate cake because it’s not chocolaty enough. This was surprisingly good and rich, and I ate almost the whole thing.

7. Sharon Sermons says:

My husband loves this Snack – in fact if other family members don’t want their snack or dessert he uses it to take the cake’s back to the room for a snack later . Something everyone can enjoy !

8. Sarah cameron says:

My kiddos always pick this as their dessert when they have an option. They love it! I do too, it usually trumps any other counter service dessert out there. Like someone else said, I probably wouldn’t pay out of pocket for it, but it’s great when you have the DDP. ;). That said, we also love the Minute-Maid Frozen Lemonade at the Yak and Yeti quick service, especially on those really HOT days. And if a cupcake is offered, thats it for me!! ;). Now if they would just offer a cupcake or the triple chocolate cake at The Flame Tree as a dessert instead of the “key lime slime” then all would be perfect!!!

9. Sarah cameron says:

Oh and we must absolutely NOT FORGET the amazing, must try, gonna be your favorite ganache Mickey dessert over at the AoA Landscape of Flavors. Really y’all.