Best Cookie Snacks in Walt Disney World

OK, all. Today we’re talking about something that I know you can all appreciate…

COOKIES! Yep. Simple, sweet, and the perfect combo of portable and delicious, cookies are the oft-forgotten workhorse of the snack world.

Now, I know that there are dozens of awesome cookie options in Disney World. So many that we couldn’t possibly list them ALL in our “best of” post about cookies. But we’re going to take a shot at listing a few of our favorites…and hopefully a few that you haven’t yet sampled!

These are cookies that are truly something special — options that either I couldn’t get anyplace else, or treats that say Disney! loud and clear to me.

So I present to you the Disney Food Blog’s Favorite Cookies at Walt Disney World! Don’t forget to check out more awesome Disney Snacks like these in our 2013 DFB Mini-Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book!

Carrot Cake Cookie

Ever since I discovered the Carrot Cake Cookie at The Writer’s Stop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I’ve made it a point to visit this quiet little spot on just about every trip.

These are the epitome of awesome Disney snacks. Unique, only found in one park anywhere in the world, and truly, over-the-top delicious. They consist of two components: Cakey “cookies” and a huge amount of cream cheese icing — more than you would ever get on the run-of-the-mill slice of carrot cake.

The cookies themselves are moist, sweet, and spicy. And I liken this snack to the best version of a whoopie pie ever. :-)

Carrot Cake Cookie

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

You saw this one coming from a mile away, didn’t you? There is no fancy dessert that holds a candle to one of my favorite grab and go sweet treats, the Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich!

Two ginormous cookies are smooshed together with a huge scoop of ice cream for a portable (if slightly messy) treat. Decadent, simple, and a great way to cool down on a hot Florida day!

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

But another fun fact that makes these sandwiches a favorite of mine is that often, you can customize them! Pick your cookie, pick your ice cream flavor, and it becomes a totally unique snack. Some locations even offer special holiday cookies and ice cream flavors.

Snowflake Gingerbread Cookie for Holiday Cookie Sandwiches!

Another completely awesome thing about this treat is that you can get it at several places in Disney World! Head to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments while you’re in Magic Kingdom to score one, or at Dino-Bite Snacks and the ice cream kiosk just outside of Africa in Animal Kingdom. In Hollywood Studios,  Hollywood Scoops has the corner on them. And bring an appetite or a friend to help, because these things are seriously huge. (Note: with Fountain View Cafe currently closed in Epcot, we’re not sure where they may be selling these in that park. Please let us know if you find out!)

Caramel Apple Cookie

Here is another treat that I get to thank the DFB readers for making ME try!

For months, I received tips that I had to get myself over to Karamell-Küche in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion to try the Caramel Apple Cookie. When I finally made there to sample this one, I was so, so glad I did.

This is truly a hidden gem that could be easily overlooked among the colossal caramel apples and other yummo caramel treats at the sweets shop.

Caramel Apple Cookie

A huge, super-soft and moist apple oatmeal cookie is topped with a general drizzle of that fabulous Werther’s Caramel. The buttery cookie is the perfect “have some now, save some for later” treat.

It also makes a terrific alternative to dessert at a table service restaurant — skip the expensive eats and stroll around the World to pick one up. You might even burn off a few calories in the process!

Magic Cookie Bars

Another recent find for me — but a favorite of Disney guests for years — is the Magic Cookie Bar found at Roaring Fork in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside!

Magic Cookie Bar in Disney World

A classic recipe (here it is if you want to try it!) comes alive in Disney World! The “seven-layer bars” of your youth are alive and well…and still taste just as good as they always did.

This moist cookie bar combines seven ingredients, from condensed milk to coconut to butterscotch and chocolate chips, to create a heavenly treat or dessert!

Cookie Bottom Sundae

Knowing my affinity for the cookie + ice cream combo, you can imagine how excited I was with the Cookie Bottom Sundae. It reminds me of a favorite cookie sundae I used to get at Eat-n-Park when I was in college…but it’s even better!

Highly recommended to me by several awesome readers, this colossal sundae begins with half of a huge, warm chocolate chip cookie. After that, they layer on vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds, and a cherry. For added bliss, you can choose your hot fudge flavor — dark or milk chocolate.

Cookie Bottom Sundae

While I love the portability of a cookie sandwich, this is the perfect way to get a bite of tons of decadent ingredients all at once! And anytime there is a sauce, you can count me in!

Close Up of all the Gorgeousness

Find this amazing sundae at Downtown Disney’s Ghirardelli Soda Fountain.

Selma’s Cookies

Long a fan favorite, these packaged cookies used to fly under the name of Selma’s. These days, you are more apt to find them labeled as Minnie’s Bake Shop Cookies. But while the name has changed, the cookies are still flavorful, fresh-tasting, and yummy.

Selma's Cookies, aka Minnie's Bake Shop Cookies

You can either find them packaged — as seen above — or in confectionery cases throughout the parks and resorts.

Flavors like chocolate chip, white chocolate raspberry, and (my favorite!) chocolate chip peanut butter share case space with other fresh snack favorites. They’re the perfect snack when you’re craving something rich and home-baked.

Selma's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie

You’ll find Selma’s at all kinds of places, including Goofy’s Candy Company at Downtown Disney and Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk. In Magic Kingdom, look for them at Main Street Confectionery and Frontierland’s Prairie Outpost and Supply. When the cookie craving hits at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, head to Sweet Spells.

And, of course, keep an eye out at large gift shops like Epcot’s Mouse Gear and at Disney resort gift shops. There’s always a Selma’s cookie nearby!

Gelato Cooke Sandwich

So what happens when you replace the ice cream in the sandwich with dense, rich gelato? You take it to a whole new fancy level!

We found these treats at the Gelato Stand in Epcot’s Italy Pavilion, which has become one of my favorite spots in all of World Showcase.

Pre-Made Gelato Cooke Sandwiches

Here, you can choose from pre-made gelato sandwiches, cold and loaded full of the creamy stuff, or you can await a custom-made creation!

While my experience is that these are a bit smaller than the cookie ice cream sandwiches elsewhere, that’s not really a bad thing. For one, I can actually finish them.

And since gelato is richer than ice cream (since not as much air is churned in), a smaller portion will satisfy. At least, theoretically. ;-)

Babycakes Frosting Cookie Sandwich

If you’re looking for a vegan or gluten-free treat, Babycakes NYC Bakery is definitely the place to go! And my favorite treats at this little bakery in Downtown Disney are the frosting-filled cookie sandwiches!

Babycakes NYC chocolate chip cookie frosting sandwich

Rich, creamy frosting (how to they make it so GOOD without butter?!?) is sandwiched between two of Babycakes famous chocolate chip cookies for a hugely satisfying treat. Even if you’re not eating gluten-free or vegan, these are well worth a try! I often pick up a few to have in my hotel room as snacks! :-)

What are Your Favorites?

So there you have it! Our picks for the most wonderful cookie snacks in all of Walt Disney World. Whether you’re looking for pure cookie bliss, or you’d like to couple your cookie with something frosty and cold, you’ll find plenty of options to satisfy your cravings in the parks, Downtown Disney, and resorts.

Now, as always, we’re looking for YOUR favorites, too!

Let us know in the comments below what your must-have cookie options in Disney World are! I can’t wait to try the suggestions!

1. Amanda says:

I immediately thought of the carrot cake cookie when I saw this post title! I wouldn’t be mad if I had to have one every day. ;) I also love the white chocolate raspberry cookie. I was really surprised at how delicious that one was! I’m hoping to try the Magic Cookie Bars [and all the other cookies] on our next trip!

2. Heather says:

I love the carrot cake cookie! I’m going to have to try some of the others!

3. Kelly M says:

Considering I am obsessed with carrot cake cookies (and am even trying to make my own this weekend), could this be the best post EVER?? :-)))

4. Tink says:

The Carrot Cake Cookie needs to be in all the parks. It is soooooo good!

5. The Minnie’s Bake Shop cookies are my ultimate favorite cookie at WDW because they are chunky and soft, and of course, delicious. My favorites are peanut butter, chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip, which is the best of both worlds. They are a must purchase at the hotel gift shops and can be purchased under the DDP. Unfortunately, they are pretty fattening, but you’re on vacation, so what do you care? :)

6. Jeff C. says:

That Caramel Apple Cookie was so amazing! I was shocked at how good it was.

I think we’ve had at least half of all the others you mentioned and agreed 100%. Now on to the other half this fall!!! This will be printed out and put into our Disney 2013 Trip folder – yay!!!

7. Mark D. says:

Stop encouraging me to share the carrot cake cookie. It ain’t gonna happen!

8. Beth Barbara says:

The Ice Cream Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom is our family’s go to treat for right before the parade!!!! So delicious!

9. nora says:

A note on a disappointing cookie… from Karamell-Kuche … it was labeled “Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookie” – so I was expecting a cookie with dark chocolate flavors with a puddle of caramel in the middle… no caramel in the middle, just caramel on top & not much of it either. The chocolate cookie part was nothing to write home about …
    Very disappointing

10. Niki M says:

Passed on the carrot cake cookie last trip. Now I’m convinced it’s a must do for next trip! That and a brownie creme sandwich from Earl. I can’t wait 7 months!

11. Alicia says:

The vanilla sugar cookies at Earl of Sandwich are my favorite! I go on the last day of my trip and stock up for my ride home!

12. Oh dear, this post is dangerous!!! Now I’m going to be craving all these cookies!

I concur with your list. The carrot cake cookie and Sleepy Hollow cookie sandwich tie for first place in my mind. :)

13. Sherri says:

The carrot cake cookie is definitely my favorite!!! Sharing it is so hard to do, but I figure if I share, I can have it more than once during my trip!

14. Janet says:

Does the carrot cake cookie have raisins in it? I can’t stand raisins and I know some people put it in their carrot cakes and I was just wondering. Thanks!

15. Teri says:

OMG the caramel apple cookie was the first thing on my mind. Have been trying to clone it since my last trip!! Alas, they will not share their magic recipe. And can you imagine that cookie as an Ice cream sandwich??

I know that this june we will be sampling the Ice cream cookies in MK. And quite possibly Ghiradelli’s creation as well. But that White Chocolate Raspberry ones sound great too

Teri Dalco

16. Sheena says:

I was so excited to try the ice cream sandwich cookie – and it was so disappointing when I did! The cookie was rock hard and chewy :( I will have to try it again sometime, as it still looks delicious!

17. Mercy says:

I think I actually drooled reading this. :)

18. Christa M. says:

I neeeed that caramel apple cookie. I’m making a beeline to Germany on our first Epcot night.

19. Galloping gourmand says:

I would have to say that the ice cream cookie sandwich at Hollywood Studios is the best cookie, based on the “fun to eat scale.” These things are a blast. You can’t get your mouth around them. You, ice cream drips down your fingers, And if you aren’t skilled enough it smooshes out the sides of the cookie. Of all the things I could eat in at Walt Disney World these are easily the most fun.

20. Miss Emma says:

MMMM – love this post! That cookie bottom sundae looks amazing!!

21. Wendy says:

AJ,

My favorite line in this blog is “This treat is huge, which makes it perfect to share or to eat as a snack over a few days!” LOL! There is absolutely NO SHARING of CCCs (carrot cake cookies) in my household! After a long day at AK with my husband and kids, I once hopped on the bus to DHS to get more CCCs while they went to the pool! By the way, they are FANTASTIC for breakfast, after spendng a night in the room’s ‘beverage cooler’!

Also a little note about the ice cream sandwiches (my husband’s snack of choice) and the DDP: in some parks, at some locations, it’s a snack, but not in others. Very puzzling. Also, the ice cream cookie sandwich counts as 1 snack credit, yet the components- 2 cookies and ice cream- count as 3 snack credits! What a deal! If you have ice cream eaters and cookie eaters, I would buy one and split it up.

22. Essie says:

I love home baked ‘from scratch’ cookies so I’m tough when judging cookies. Chocolate chip are always a favorite, especially when they involve an ice cream sandwich or sundae, but there is another simple cookie that I always got at the Caribbean Beach Resort that I really enjoyed. It was a large sugar cookie with some M&Ms sprinkled on the top. Some sugar cookies have a trace of lemon flavoring (which a true sugar cookie shouldn’t have), but these cookies had a good vanilla sugar flavor and since I’ve been trying some different hotels since lately I haven’t had any. :( I wish I could find them in other places. Does anyone know of anywhere else that they sell them?

23. Essie says:

BTW, I agree with Nora. I absolutely LOVE the Caramel Kitchen in EPCOT’s WS, but the ‘Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookie’ was disappointing. The Caramel Covered Shortbread, however, was HEAVENLY!!!!!!

24. Sandy - winnieatepooh says:

I just tried the Minnie’s bakeshop cookie on my last visit – and boy do I wish I had stocked up and brought a bunch home with me! SO GOOD! I can’t wait to try these other fabulous treats – especially a cookie sandwich! MMMM!

25. Julie says:

The cookie sandwich from Babycakes is one of my all-time favorite desserts ever.

26. Melanie says:

I tried the carrot cake cookie last time we went after I had read a review about it and was not disappointed! I loved it, my hubby loved it, the kids loved it, great choice!!! They’re already talking about getting it the next time we go. Thanks again for the recommendation!

27. nora says:

Also enjoyed the Caramel Covered Shortbread, note of caution, if you take it back to your room and leave it overnight… the shortbread becomes VERY SOFT from the moisture inherent in the caramel… should eat these pretty quickly if you want firm or crunchy shortbread.

28. Arianna D. says:

One of my favorite cookies is from Goofy’s Candy Co. It is a large, oreo-like cookie, but it has two soft chocolate cookies instead of the two hard ones and there is delicious cream in the middle…what makes it the best cookie is that you can ask them to dip it in chocolate and coat it with a candy of your choice ( my favorite is milk chocolate and butterfinger pieces). I haven’t had these for a few years, since they seemed to disappear from the menu there :(

29. Janet Sala says:

I have tried twice to procure a carrot cake cookie. First attempt was during the holidays, and they were sold out. My bad, it was late in the day and what do you walk past on your way to/from the Osborne Lights, but the Writer’s Stop. Second attempt, I went to the Writer’s Stop–on a solo trip–specifically to pick up and try a carrot cake cookie sandwich. It was so huge, I couldn’t let myself buy it. I knew I’d eat the whole thing and then have serious regrets. So, I picked up a peanut butter cookie instead. Oh, my!!!! That was crazy good! I can highly recommend it as an alternative if you chicken out on the carrot cake cookie once you actually see one in the wild. ;-)

30. Marlene says:

We tried the gelato between 2 cookies from the stand in Italy.

Very yummy, but WARNING: it melts much faster than ice cream!
    dripped all over…
    we had to go back to change clothes…
    suggest eating over a plate?
    very difficult to finish it before it is all liquid!

31. Alissa says:

I have never tried the Carrot Cake Cookie, but that will be on my list for this year. I LOVE the German Chocolate Cake Cookie in Germany. I haven’t been in a couple years but that was my favorite stop.

32. Beth says:

My favorite cookies are the sugar cookies with Mickey head sprinkles at Riverside and most of the resorts!

33. Kathy says:

I LOVE the ice cream cookie sandwiches. I try to get one once a year (if we go more than once in a year lol). I usually get mine at the Main St. Bakery though. Its not on the menu but I always get mine there. I haven’t tried any of the other cookies but they are DEFINITELY on my list now. I think my dad and sister would like the carrot cake cookie!

34. Dawn says:

Okay I’m going to have to try the carrot cake cookie again. I absolutely love anything carrot cake. When I first heard of this I was so excited to try it on our next visit! Hustled over to Writer’s Stop first thing, grabbed my cookie and…. :o( it was horrible….dry as a bone. I was so disappointed! Possible I got one that had unintentionally been left out?

35. Amy says:

My favorite was the German chocolate cookie. So sad they no longer make it!

36. Jennifer says:

I discovered the vanilla sugar cookie at Earl of Sandwich on our last trip and it is my new favorite!

37. Cheryli says:

The caramel apple cookie is the best cookie I’ve ever had!

38. Cindy Hedstrom Richmond says:

My very favorite is the Carrot Cake Cookie and yes, they do have raisins. But they are golden raisins which I consider not a real raisin and very good (altho others may differ, lol)

Whoever is trying to make them at home – please let us know how it goes!

39. Tiffany R says:

My mother and I call Selma’s cookies the “hockey puck cookie”.

40. Debbie C says:

The uber yummy carrot cake cookie is also available in Hollywood Studios at Sweet Spells on the left at the beginning of Sunset Blvd. They usually serve it in just a bakery paper but I always ask for it to be put in a plastic bag as well. If you don’t eat the whole thing right away (it’s pretty big), and don’t have it in plastic, a bit of moisture & oil from the cream cheese icing “oozes” through the paper (not a bad thing, you just don’t want it on other stuff in your bag).

41. Paul says:

We finally had a ice cream cookie sandwich from the Plaza Ice Cream Shop at MK on our October visit. Even though we shared it, the cookie to ice cream ratio was a bit too high for us, but we did enjoy it. We will have to try it with other cookie/ice cream combinations.

I agree that the CCC is enough to share, although it appeared a bit smaller on our October trip.