Disney Snack Series: Chocolate-Covered Banana!

So, we’ve all seen (and probably eaten) those frozen chocolate-covered nanners that you can get at the Disney ice cream carts, right? But have you ever seen an unfrozen version? I hadn’t! Until I scoped out the snack cases at Big Top Treats in the Magic Kingdom last week!

Chocolate and Peanut Covered Unfrozen Banana at Big Top Treats in Magic Kingdom

Here I found a new-to-me treat — a regular old unfrozen banana covered in chocolate and peanuts! Rock on! Of course, they have a version that skips the peanuts as well if you’re just a straight banana-and-chocolate kind of person.

The no-nuts version is $3.79 and the peanuts version is $4.29. Both are available for a Disney Dining Plan snack credit.

Two versions of the unfrozen banana available at Big Top Treats

I chose the version with peanuts (extra protein, you know!) and couldn’t wait to try it.

The frozen bananas are so hard to break into, but with this you get all of the great flavors without cracking your teeth! (Plus, it takes forever to eat those frozen bananas…the unfrozen ones mean instant gratification for us Disney snack fiends.)

Chocolate and Peanut Covered Banana

The chocolate was fresh and had great flavor — it didn’t taste or feel plastic-y or artificial at all. And the banana was ripe and sweet, so no worries about starchy, “green” fruit here. In fact, I was worried that the softness of the banana might make it fall right off the stick; so if you buy this for your kiddo, it might make sense to break it into pieces. It will come in a bag, so you can just carry the bag around and nosh on chunks of banana all day.

I liked the added texture and flavor of the peanuts, but I might go for a plain chocolate one next time. I think I’d enjoy the simpler snack (and less to get stuck in your teeth).

"Cross Section" of the unfrozen chocolate covered banana

Now, I looked all over the parks for other locations to find this, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Perhaps it’s a new “trial” treat that will be making its way to other candy counters over the upcoming weeks, or maybe it’s an exclusive at Big Top Treats.

Either way, it’s worth a try if you have a banana-and-chocolate lover in your group who’d rather not wait for the “thaw.”

Let us know your favorite Magic Kingdom treats in the comments below!

1. CanadiansLoveWDW says:

Im adding this to my must have snacks in august… that list is getting really long…
    and as for your comment about snacking all day on it.. it wont last more than 5 min tops…

2. Essie says:

Oh, I’d love to try one without the nuts; I like nuts, but this looks good with just the chocolate. The frozen ones are okay, too, but I think I’d like this better. I’ll be glad to try one on my next trip; I just hope that they aren’t too ripe (I like them just a little tiny bit on the green side!). It really looks good and it’s fruit so it would be a healthy snack, you know, like a loaded caramel apple.

3. Sandy - winnieatepooh says:

Looks like a relatively “healthy” snack to have – tasty and good for you! :) Thank you for telling us about it, it looks delicious!

4. Norma says:

We tried this a couple of months ago. The one we got was almost too ripe and it made for a very mushy and messy snack to feed my toddler.

5. Jennifer says:

I got the chopped peanut frozen banana the last two times I was at Disney– such a refreshing and not-too-sweet treat during the stifling heat of the summer. As a chocolate banana fanatic, I found this really hit the spot!

6. Jennifer says:

Whoops- looks like I submitted my last comment too early- meant to add that the unfrozen version looks like it would be even better, because it would probably have a stronger banana flavor than the frozen one. YUM.

7. Dana says:

I’m so excited to try one of these! I hate biting into frozen foods, so the frozen version is something ive only tried once. And I happen to like green bananas. :)

8. I am so up for one of these is July, although by then, the frozen one might win out!

9. Kim says:

What a memory you have brought back! I had one of these outside the Haunted Mansion in 1973. Been back many times since but never thought of it.

10. Joan says: