News! Spirit of Aloha Dinner Menu Update at Disney’s Polynesian Resort

You’ll find south seas flavors at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show featured at Disney’s Polynesian Resort! And we’ve heard about a few menu updates!

The Luau-style feast offers all-you-care-to-eat goodies along with a Hawaiian themed dinner show on the stage in front of you.

Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show Menu Updates

We got word recently of some menu changes and updates, which don’t sound half-bad! Here are the deets…

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Menu! Click image for larger version.

Bread

No changes have been made to the Pineapple Coconut Bread!

Polynesian Pineapple Coconut Bread

Salads

Mixed Greens with honey lime vinaigrette (an old favorite from ‘Ohana) have taken the place of the tropical mixed greens with mango poppyseed dressing. In addition, a Mango Slaw and Soba Noodle Salad have been added.

Main Course

Selections for your main entree now include Aloha Pulled Pork. BBQ Pork Ribs and Roasted Chicken are still on the menu as well. Accompanying your entree, you’ll now receive Jasmine Rice with Nori and a Vegetable Medley.

Dessert

Warm Pineapple Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce takes the place of the Kilauea Volcano Delight dessert. I’m hoping this is the same awesomeness that’s served at ‘Ohana!

Pineapple Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce

Kids Menu

A Kids Meal is available upon request.

Do you like the changes made to the menu? Chime in now!

Thanks to Team Tizzel for sending us this info!

1. Lori says:

We went a couple of years ago and really didn’t care or it but this menu sounds so much better! Can’t wait to hear how people like it!

2. Sarah says:

I’m excited to see the old ‘Ohana salad dressing has found a home here! And from most of what I’ve read of the volcanoes, the dessert is an upgrade, too. Gotta love the bread pudding! :)

3. JoAnn says:

I’m going for the first time in November. Looking forward to try it.

4. Jenna says:

Was literally just debating today whether or not to do this for my (first-ever) solo trip. I am on the DxDDP, but was hesitant on this because the food didn’t sound good enough to win out over some of the signature restaurants. This made up my mind!

5. JennyC says:

My mom and I go to the luau every january when we take our annual mother/daughter trip to disney and they were begining to make some changes then but the menu has changed even more since then. Last time I was there the bread was served in roll form but was the same bread other than that. The salad and noodle thing were there last time as well. The main course is pretty much the same as it was when I was there but the rice was still the old rice so I don’t have an opinon on the new rice. The dessert was being phased out last time I was there but it was still a moose like dessert but had macadamian nuts in it. They also offered each person a warm cookie as well. I sincerely hope the dessert is the same as the ohana dessert. That thing is pure magic!!!!

6. Sandy - winnieatepooh says:

I’m curious if they offer a vegetarian main course substitute like ‘Ohana does…If so I’d love to try it! :)

7. Keith Carson says:

Sounds awesome! We’ll be there in August!

8. Erin Foster says:

Hooooray! That volcano cake was one of my least favorite desserts at WDW. I’m not going to make SoA a priority on my next visit.

9. Erin Foster says:

Um, scratch that – I’m *now* going to make SoA a priority. Must. Learn. To. Type.

10. Marci says:

This menu looks a bit better – we went in 2010 and I mostly ate salad and bread. We weren’t impressed with the food then. Hopefully this new menu will be better.

11. cupcake says:

TWO pork dishes at one meal? Come on, Disney. I know it’s cheap, but the prevalence of pork is getting a bit tiresome.

12. Lisa says:

I think I might have to try to fit this in on our next trip. The new menu sounds much better!!!!

13. Joni says:

Thank goodness the menu was boring and not all that great, ecspecialy the desert it was pretty bad.

14. Carolyn says:

We are going in about a week, and I can’t wait to try the new menu!

15. Mary Holdren says:

We don’t like pineapple – wish they had another option for dessert.

16. Misty says:

Glad to see some things such as the ribs and veg medley were brought back. I have been going since I was little and we took our family there. This last time in March we were so disappointed our crew was so looking forward to the ribs they were not there, the fresh fruit was gone which was a favorite, the veg medley was gone, also the dessert where the servers made them look like real smoking volcanoes were gone and our crew loved that. Not sure why they made the changes but glad they are bringing some things back. Hopefully the fresh fruit will be back soon too:)

17. Barry says:

It was quite a few years ago that I last went to SoA. The food was OK, but wasn’t really that great and Disney has so many other options in the “great” category that we haven’t been back. The menu looks OK, but not terribly inspiring, so I’ll probably give it a pass in favour of other places at WDW where I know the food is fantastic.

18. Pam says:

For those who don’t like pineapple, you might want to give it a try anyway. My husband can’t stand bananas, but he loves the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding at O’Hana.

19. Mary Sager says:

my family and I went to this Oloha all you can eat In December for the 3rd time and we loved it the enternment ,food,and service was great .We are planning a return trip in 2 years and this is definitely on our list

20. Lynn says:

We just returned from the Luau. Missed the fresh fruit, especially the pineapple. Salad wasn’t too bad, noodles were good, rice not so good. Ribs were kinda tough pulled pork was on the dry side but Chicken was great. Now, the desert, I have never had bread pudding, nor had any desire to try it. If I wanted desert this night, and I did, I was going to have to try it. I took one bite and thought I died and went to heaven. I really wanted more but didn’t want to ask. Anyone have the recipe??? Ours didn’t come with ice cream but the carmel sauce was great, I could have licked the dish.

Lynn — Thank you for the review!! Here’s the recipe for ‘Ohana’s bread pudding: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/06/09/recipe-ohana-bread-pudding/. Not sure if the sauce is the same or not, but this stuff is awesome!

22. Leea says:

We have gone multiple times and will be going again in a couple of weeks. I see that the new menu is popular with other posters but for us this may be our last visit to SoA. I just can’t justify paying those prices for bread and chicken, and there is nothing else on the menu that we will eat. Bread pudding is one of the few foods in the world that I absolutely hate, so I think we will tell them not even to bring it out and then buy a cupcake later. I wonder if the children’s offerings include a better desert. I’m really sorry, because we love the show.

23. Jenna says:

Just wanted to update this for you: the Jasmine rice is no longer offered. I did, however, receive a great bowl of brown rice with vegetables when I asked about it from the children’s menu.

The pineapple bread pudding is still offered, but does not include the ice cream or pitcher of caramel sauce, just a generous dollop on your plate. so was provided additional sauce upon request, but no ice cream. I don’t love pineapple, or even really bread pudding for that matter, but my SO and I agreed that it was truly the best part of the meal.

24. Laura says:

We just returned and ate there on May 29, 2014. The food was awesome! The salad was great, and we asked for more! There was fresh pineapple chunks served with the beginning courses. The dessert was good, you could hardly taste the pineapple, however it was not served with any icecream as the picture shows. The ribs in the teriakyi sauce were awesome! The show was great when the traditional dances started.

25. Sandra Barnett says:

Where is the shrimp? That was our favorite!

26. Lynn says:

We went on June 9th. Love the food, the salad was awesome as was the chicken, ribs and pulled pork. If I have one negative thing to say it would be this; please Disney with all the remodeling going on and all the people with vision you’ve got to rework the show here. I love the food and we brought friends with us so they didn’t know what to expect. I’m tired of the same show year after year. It’s cheesy after the 3rd time of watching it and I’ve seen it 5 times. Enough is enough, will not be going back until the show changes despite the good food.

The bread pudding is the best part but where is the ice cream as the picture shows?

Need a change Disney!!!!!!!