You Might Be a Disney Food Fan If…

We here at DFB we welcome and embrace our fellow Disney Food Lovers!

But sometimes you might not necessarily know when you’ve joined our ranks! So we’ve created this simple list of ways to recognize when you’ve crossed over to the dark side. ;-)

Do you fit any of these criteria? I can’t wait to hear from you about what your Disney Food Fan qualifications might be!

Let us know in the comments below what makes YOU a TRUE Disney Food Fan!

Here are a few of our favorites…

1. “No Be Our Guest reservation available? Time to change our flights.”

Yes. It happens. And don’t pretend you haven’t thought about it.

Be Our Guest Restaurant!

2. Your favorite t-shirt says “I ❤ School Bread“.

Yes. Yes it does.

3. Your “friends” who don’t know what a Citrus Swirl is have now been downgraded to acquaintances.

Unacceptable.

Citrus Swirl

4. You have been known to enjoy both the Grand Marnier Slush and the Grey Goose Slush…at the same time.

Who hasn’t?

Grand Marnier and Grey Goose Slushes in Epcot's France Pavilion.

5. Rides? What rides?

So much food, so little time.

Who's got the time?

6. You choose your hotel based on what restaurants you can walk to.

How is this not a critical part of the planning process?

Sign Leading Down to the BoardWalk

7. “Toy Story Mania fastpass or Carrot Cake Cookie…Toy Story Mania fastpass or Carrot Cake Cookie… . CARROT CAKE COOKIE!”

Obvi.

Carrot Cake Cookie

8. It’s never too early for a Mickey Bar.

Breakfast, anyone?

A classic Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar!

9. Your idea of geocaching is finding all the Dole Whip stops in America.

A reward around every corner.

Dole Whip Float! A Must-Eat snack for every Disney guest.

10. You make your favorite Disney dishes at home…every day.

Why not?

Mickey loves Lava Cake

Time to fess up, fellow addicts! How many of these describe YOU?!

Let us know in the comments below the characteristics that make you a Disney Food Fan! :-)

1. Beth Z says:

Ok I save my priemium Bar wrappers and have them framed in my kitchen! Need I say more. See you in November:)

2. Kathy says:

Change flights for reservations? Who does that? We had ADR’s before we have flights and even before we have a room reservation every time! Haha. We don’t plan really far in advance so no 180 days but we always get to eat where we want to! We did pick our resort this year bc of food. We’ll be there for F&W so we’re staying as close as we can get…Beach Club! We are DEFINITELY Disney food fans. Except school bread as we don’t like coconut.

3. Katie says:

What a relief- the only Disney addiction quiz I’ve failed. Of course, the only reason I don’t do these things is because we return so many times that I don’t worry about fitting it all in on every trip.

4. angelina says:

Can you do a list especially for Disneyland? I can think if quite a few ways you would know if you were a FLAG foodie :)

5. angelina says:

That should say DL foodie…stupid phone

6. Whew, we thought we were the only ones(my cousin & I)….those who know us just don’t understand….ADR all the way! BE Our Guest! replaced the #1 Le Cellier(now #2) BUT, where was the #11. Daily Disney Rice Krispy treats?(in any form)-we’ve been known to drool at the bake shop watching the tons of rice krispies & marshmallows being stirred!

7. Jen says:

Whew! Only a couple of these describe me! And I was beginning to think I was going overboard for my next vacation.

8. Kat says:

My husband & I passed with flying colors! Def Disney Foodies! Yes, we have changed our flights, & yes I make many Disney Dishes at home. If I can’t find the recipe, I figure it out. I make both Cheeseburger & Philly Steak flatbreds(SSR), Butternut Squash Soup & Chocolate Souffle( DCL), Cheddar Cheese Soup(Le Cellier), French Onion Soup(Le Chef’s de France), are some of my favorites. I also make PBJ Milkshakes(50′s Prime Time), Cotton Tini(T-Rex). We almost always plan our meals first, & then which park to visit or our activities around that.
    Our trips now center more around eating than anything else!

9. Kathie says:

How can I not know what “school bread” is? Someone please clue me in!

10. vanessa gordon says:

I need to know when the next ”Snack Attack” will be….need to plan my next major trip around that !

11. Angela B. says:

I’m always in search of a dole whip…I have stopped at Disneyland to only get a …Dole Whip

12. Glory says:

We’re doing a big family trip & my brother is going for the first time. He was upset that I was making 180 day ARD’s. He wanted to ‘just chill & go with the flow’. I laughed at his newness. Guess who got BoG ADR’s. :-)

13. Natalie Weeks says:

Hi there. So we go to the parks for a weekend every month (you may remember me as I’ve e-mailed you previously). My husband and I have a CM friend that works at BOG and gets us in without us having to make reservations. Today we wanted to snack for lunch so we could eat our entire BOG dinner. Went on your site to read reviews about the “turkey legs” as we’ve never tried them. Was not impressed about the mixed reviews. We asked a CM friend if they had ever tried the turkey legs. Her response? They ARE NOT turkey legs, they are EMU legs. Thought you should be aware of this and possibly investigate. We trust this 30+ service WDW CM. But your following may not take our word. The comments about the white muscle in the leg that was gross indicates the Emu, which spends most of their time running at top speeds. We will never eat this “turkey” leg, and thought your readers would appreciate knowing that they are not eating turkey. Thanks for a great blog!

Natalie

14. Sarah C. says:

Guilty of most of those. I ALWAYS plan our trips around the restaurant reservations. How do you not do it that way?! Utterly ridiculous. :-) oh and we have atleast one family movie night a week, Disney movie, themed food, one of my favorites– Lady and the Tramp, spaghetti and meatballs and tiramisu, checkered tablecloth and all.:-) :-) :-)

15. Ashleigh says:

I chose Pop over CBR because you can walk to AoA and Landscape of Flavors…

Hi Natalie! Thanks for your comment. Disney has stated officially that they are indeed turkey legs. The Emu/Ostrich rumors have been put to rest.

17. Sherron says:

O, AJ, Rice Krispie treats have to be on this list. I won’t make them at home or buy them anywhere else. Those a WDW to me!
    Also, everything else on your list!
    And now, thanks to Beth Z, my office wall is getting a new piece of art!