News! California Grill Opens September 9th; Reservations Available Monday, August 26

Circle this upcoming Monday, August 26, Disney Food Fans! That’s the day when we will finally be able to begin booking advance dining reservations for the newly renovated California Grill!

The NEW California Grill!

The signature restaurant, which sits high atop Walt Disney World’s Contemporary Resort, has been closed since early 2013 as it underwent a complete makeover.

It’s scheduled to open on September 9th, and will feature a new menu — including some awesome desserts!

Sundae Sampler Dessert Trio at California Grill!

Look for the new menu to continue to feature seasonal ingredients, but with a somewhat lighter hand.

While fan favorites like the flatbreads will continue to be around, Chef Brian Piasecki also plans to utilize the wood-burning oven for new dishes. These include Baked Local Prawns with Charred Lemon, and Savory Meatballs with Herbed Orzo.

Read our review of these delicious meatballs here!

Oak-Fired Three Meat Meatball will be a new Appetizer at California Grill

We can’t wait to sample the new menu and see the new decor at this guest-favorite hot spot!

When do you hope to visit the new California Grill? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

1. Barry says

I was able to get reservations for Nov 6 and Dec 25! Thanks for providing the notice about reservations opening up! Incidentally, reservations only seem to be available by calling in this morning–not online.

2. Otavio Santi says

Hello people from DisneyFoodBlog!

I am soooo happy to tell you that in the very first minute of 07:00 AM, Brazil Time today (06:00 AM Florida Time), I made my California Grill Reservations for my upcoming WDW trip on next October!!!

I Thank you VERY MUCH for the post that informed us that today would be the opening day for ADRs at CG. I was probably the first lucky one to get it, because I tried earlier, at 06:58 AM Brazil Time (just 2 minutes before!), and it was still unavailable!!! I tried every day for the last six months, and this dinner will be one of the highlights of this trip, it will be my 1st wedding anniversary with my BW. I just can’t wait to see Wishes from above, in such a romantic and special place! And you guys will be also with us in spirit!

I Love your website!!! Keep going with the nice work!

WDW forever!!!! Best wishes!

Otavio Santi

3. Julie Minder says

Thanks Disney Food Blog for the heads up on reservations. We have our final reservation in place for December 23rd at the California Grill. This will be our first time, and we can’t wait !! We look forward for menu updates as they become available . Madaboutdisney Julie

4. notchris says

Omakase details:
    Right now it can only be booked over the phone and there’s no description on the WDW site
    $175 prepaid, includes tax and gratuity
    2-day cancellation policy
    1 seating each night, 8pm at the sushi bar (I thought I heard 9 seats)

5. Andrea says

I just made a reservation for Oct 12th! I was able to make it online FYI. I can’t wait!

6. Jodi says

I was able to make a reservation on line on August 26 for September 14. Thanks so much for the info. We are looking forward to enjoying a wonderful meal!