News! Hollywood Brown Derby Patio Lounge May Be Opening Soon in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

We have a fun rumor to share!

We’ve heard through the grapevine that the Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is opening ‘The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge’ soon — possibly even this week!

The new lounge will be located on the existing patio at the Hollywood Brown Derby, but seating will be on a first come, first served basis. No reservations are required!

This sounds a lot like the great additions of Tutto Gusto and Cava del Tequila in Epcot as well as the Lava Lounge in Downtown Disney.

Patio at Brown Derby

A no-reservation option that still offers some great eats and good drinks!? I’m in.

Eats

Speaking of eats, the menu items at the Lounge are coming from the restaurant’s appetizer menu. You’ll be able to choose from Artisinal Cheeses, Brown Derby Sliders, Duck Confit Tacos, Prince Edward Island Mussels, Charcuterie Board for two, and Brown Derby Shrimp Cocktail.

Andouille-Crusted Prawn Over Black Diamond Cheddar Grits, Wilted Greens, and Ancho Oil

While enjoying some great food you’ll also be able to sip on wines and specialty cocktails in addition to tossing back a beer or two. I hope the fun Margarita Flight is available!

Brown Derby Citizens Take Flight Margarita Flight -- Bucky Greenhorn's Derby Margarita, Melvin Macheezmo Mango Margarita, and “Ready” Freddy Fiddlesticks Pomegranate Margarita

Guests will also be able to order from the full Hollywood Brown Derby menu by request.

If you’re looking to visit the new Lounge, the Disney Dining Plan is not accepted, but you can use your Tables in Wonderland discount.

Is the Brown Derby Patio Lounge something you’d like to try on your next Disney World visit? Let us know in the comments below!

A big thanks to DFB reader Vanessa Gordon for the head’s up on this news!

1. Kaz says:

I’d definitely sit down for a cocktail.. if the kids’ll let me..

2. Christopher A says:

Sounds good to me but I miss the original Catwalk Bar from MGM Studios – was pretty cool space and good food too.

3. Keith says:

Definitely a great addition. The Brown Derby is the only place in the park that makes a decent cocktail, especially the Sidecar. The best in-park restaurant just got a little better.

4. Sherri Erwin says:

Looks fantastic! Brown Derby has been up and down for us, but we’re more interested in drinks and snacks than full meals sometimes. A great option in DHS.

5. Claire says:

All I’ve got to say is…Margarita flight followed by Rock N Roller Coaster…WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

6. Kelly S. says:

Hoping to try this in two weeks! I love the Brown Derby and the idea of stopping for a bite without needing a reservation! I love how Disney is embracing the trend for more tapas sized offerings. Some people don’t enjoy eating till they are stuffed!

7. Chuck says:

This sounds fantastic! Brown Derby is a favorite of mine and I think it got even better!

AJ I think you need a research trip to show us all of the great offerings!

8. JoAnn says:

Sweet! The Hollywood Brown Derby is one of my favorites. I’ve eaten there the last three years. No ADR for this year (trying new places), but maybe I’ll check this out when we’re looking to take a break.

9. Linda says:

This sounds great. We love popping in to Tutto Gusto for wine and snacks. Now there is somewhere to do that at Hollywood Studios. It’s great being spontaneous on vacation and not having to make reservations. I look forward to going there my next trip this January.

10. Jennifer says:

We stopped in yesterday around 6 and a sign was in the patio area telling us to head to the lounge at the prime time cafe. So perhaps they have limited hours or day of service?

11. Ashley says:

We enjoyed a beer here yesterday evening around 5:30 or so. I think it’s a great addition! You can also get drinks to-go.

12. Perri says:

Sounds perfect! Disneyworld has made it impossible to just relax and be in the moment, this is definitely a step in a new and improved direction. Will definitely be stopping in on my next trip.

13. Gary says:

We just sat at the lounge tonight. We were told we couldn’t order off the full menu though. Thumbs down!

14. Heather says:

I can’t wait to check this out! I love Tutto Gusto and La Cava–this sounds like it is in the same family!

15. Jackie says:

Looking forward to going to the lounge and having a Ghristmas drink and or snack/meal.