And now…a recipe for a super-interesting new dessert in Disney World!
When the brand new BoardWalk Bakery reopened earlier this year, we were there bright and early on the very first morning to bring you a full account of what was new, and what was returning.
Sounds pretty keen, doesn’t it?
Well, it kind of is! The combination of sweet, rich peanut butter filling, bananas, and salty bacon create the perfect decadent dessert.
I was more than a little excited when I discovered this recipe for the pie…so now I can make it at home! And the best news of all — it’s pretty easy stuff!
Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie
Makes 9-inch pie
3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2 bananas, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack over the baking
2. Coat bacon on both sides with brown sugar. Place on rack and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy, depending on thickness of bacon.
Remove from oven. Once cooled, dice and set aside.
3. Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
4. Whip cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl; gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
5. Fill pie shell halfway with mixture, then evenly top with banana slices. Top slices with remaining mixture.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
And then, step back and wait for the OOHS! and AHHHS! to commence! Who knew that such yummo food could be so completely simple to make??
I’ll definitely be making this awesome pie to tide me over until my next Disney trip! Like, I’m grabbing my keys and heading to the grocery store. Now.
What about you? Leave us a comment if you plan to try it, too!
Recipe Courtesy of Disney Parks Blog.