The Epcot Food and Wine Festival has come to close, but there was one recipe that I simply couldn’t get out of my head!
DFB reporter James Armstrong had the opportunity to attend a special event — Sweet Sundays with Chef Carla Hall…
…and she made THESE! Mac n’ Cheese Bundles!
I’ve been dreaming of the dish ever since I read about it! And just in case you have been as well, here’s the recipe!
Mac n’ Cheese Bundles
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 small onion, grated
1 tablespoon butter
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
20 pasta squares, 3″x3″ (or wonton wrappers)
water in a spray bottle, for sealing pasta
2-3 tablespoons butter
fresh thyme to taste
fresh parsley to taste
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
1. In a small skillet, sweat onions in butter with bay leaf. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add paprika; cool, and then remove bay leaf.
2. Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, and onion mixture.
3. Working one at a time, spray the edges of a pasta square with water to moisten, and place 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture in the middle of the square.
4. Fold the pasta square in half lengthwise, then fold the tops over and pinch the folded part back to connect the edges in the shape of a tortellini. (It will look like a Flying Nun’s Hat. )
5. Place the finished pasta on a sheet pan with fine cornmeal or semolina to keep them from sticking together.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to instructions.
7. While the pasta cooks, ladle about 1/2 cup of pasta water into a large skillet and add butter and fresh herbs.
8. Tossed the cooked pasta into the butter herb sauce.
9. In a small skillet, toast the breadcrumbs with the remaining butter.
9. Serve topped with breadcrumbs and chopped parsley.
Want More Details About the Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
We work hard to keep you in the know about everything Food and Wine Festival related! Be sure to join our Disney Food Blog Newsletter for the latest information and details. And keep an eye on our 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Page for updates.
Will you be trying this fun take on a favorite comfort food? Leave a comment and tell us all about it!