It’s chilly, well, just about everywhere today! So it seems like the perfect time to share the recipe for an amazing soup!
How about a rich, creamy soup featuring the luxury of lobster? Yeah? Well, you have just enough time to run out to the store and pick up the ingredients! 😉
This one’s a little complicated, but nothing you can’t handle on a wintry Saturday!
CREAMY LOBSTER SOUP, Disney World’s Coral Reef Restaurant
32 ounces Milk
4 ounces Butter
4 ounces Flour
1 tbsp. Paprika
2 ounces Lobster or Chicken Base
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
12 ounces Lobster Stock
2 ounces Sherry
2 ounces Lobster Meat (diced)
1/2 ounce Brandy
3 ounces Heavy Cream
1 pinch Chervil or Parsley
1. Heat milk. Do not boil.
2. Melt butter; then add paprika and flour.
3. Bake roux mixture in a 350-degree oven for approximately one hour.
4. Heat lobster stock and sherry, then add lobster base and cayenne pepper to the lobster stock mixture.
5. Add the heated milk to this mixture.
6. Add roux. Mix until it is well incorporated and the soup thickens.
7. Let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook out the roux.
8. To finish soup, flame/cook lobster meat in brandy; add heavy cream and allow to simmer.
9. Add mixture to soup and whisk in.
10. Finish with fresh chervil or parsley. (You can use dried, but add sooner to allow them to steep.)
Stay warm everyone!
Whaddya think? Is this on your menu for the weekend? Let us know in the comments below.