Crème Brûlée is a favorite dessert among Disney diners, it would seem. Judging from the fact that you’ll find it on nearly every table service restaurant’s dessert menu, guests must love it a lot!
Me? Well, it’s not always my favorite, but that’s more due to some of the not-great versions I’ve had. But when it’s good, it’s very very good — and I have certainly found a few varieties at Disney that number among my favorite desserts.
With a creamy consistency and just the perfect touch of pistachio flavor, I think fans of this popular flavor will fall in love with this one on the spot. And now, you can make it at home!
Pistachio Crème Brûlée
Yield: 8 servings
8 ounces Sugar
8 ounces Egg Yolks
½ ounce Pistachio Paste (see Editor’s Note below)
42 ounces Heavy Cream
1. Scald heavy cream and sugar together, but do not bring to a boil.
2. Temper the cream into the egg yolks and add the pistachio paste.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place the mix into oven-safe creme brulee dishes.
4. Place the baking dish on top of a flat cookie sheet with sides. Pour water into the sheet tray, and bake for 20 minutes or until set.
5. Remove the baking dishs and place in refrigerator to chill.
6. When ready to serve, sprinkle sugar on top of the brulee. Shake off excess.
7. Torch the sugar with a brulee torch (or use broiler in your oven).
Will you be making pistachio crème brûlée to remind you of your last trip to Tony’s? Leave us a comment and let us know if this is one of your favorites!