News! Trader’s Sam’s Grog Grotto is Coming to Walt Disney World’s Polynesian Resort!

We are so excited about some BIG NEWS coming out of Walt Disney World today!

Trader Sam's!!!!!!!

Trader Sam’s is coming to Disney World!!!!!!!!!!

If you’ve spent any time recently at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, you know that there are lots of changes going on over there. In fact, we told you about the temporary Captain Cook’s Snack Company location just recently here on Disney Food Blog.

Concept Art -- Polynesian Village Resort Lobby

Concept Art — Polynesian Village Resort Lobby

Well, today, we’re getting a few more details about just what’s taking place behind those construction walls!

There is a complete re-imagining of the beloved resort underway! But instead of modernizing with the changes, they’re taking it old school! The resort is slated to resume using its original, opening day name — Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort! Fun, right?

New Polynesian Village Resort Sign

New Polynesian Village Resort Sign

But the biggest news to us today is this little nugget: soon, we will enjoy Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at Walt Disney World! AAAAAAHHHHHOMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!

The brand new spot will be based upon Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland Hotel, one of our favorite hang outs there! See our review of Trader Sam’s here!

Here’s what it looks like in Disneyland…

Trader Sam's Magical Bar Stools

Trader Sam’s Magical Bar Stools

…and here’s some concept art for the new location.

Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Concept Art

Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto Concept Art

Will this spot be the answer for all of us pining for the old Adventurer’s Club, shuttered when Pleasure Island went away a while back? Maybe. But no matter what, it’ll be AWESOME!

Looks like the famous Uh Oa may be slated to make the journey to the new Trader Sam’s! And fingers crossed that the Kungaloosh joins the lineup as well!

Uh Oa! Drink at Trader Sam's

Uh Oa! Drink at Trader Sam’s

I'll Have Whatever She's Making, Please!

I’ll Have Whatever She’s Making, Please! An Uh Oa, Perhaps?

For now, we’re banking on it being at least as awesome as Trader Sam’s in Disneyland Hotel.

This seriously makes staying at the Poly even better.

Are you as excited about these announcements for the Polynesian Resort Polynesian Village Resort as we are? Leave a comment and tell us what you hope Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto is like!

1. Mike Venere says:

Saying here in last week of July….Any hope of possibly being open?

2. Mary says:

Even if the Kungaloosh doesn’t make the official menu, the bartenders will likely know how to make it. You can order both the old and new recipes of the Kungaloosh at Trader Sam’s in Disneyland.

3. Dave says:

We’re going to be there in Oct. of ’15, by then everything should be all done.
    Now, will it be an Uh Oa, a Lapu Lapu, or a Kungaloosh!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmm, drink for thought!

4. Heather Page says:

My favorite resort – these changes look awesome!! Maybe we can save up to stay there next year or the year after…lol.

5. Elin Babin says:

When will the completion of the polynisan village resort be done?

6. I am so so so happy that we’re getting a Trader Sams! I do hope it’s a bit larger than the one at Disneyland, I think it would need to be! It’s probably my favourite bar in the world, and to think I can have it locally is just wonderful. It encompasses elements of my beloved Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Trader Vic’s, and even a little bit of the Adventurer’s Club. Definitely a welcome addition, so happy to see it.

7. Katie says:

Will this replace or be in addition to Tambu Lounge?

8. Jacky says:

Seriously this has made my day! Do you think they will ADR’s?

9. Tank says:

No, this will not “be the answer” for the Adventurer’s Club. THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER CLOSED THE ADVENTURER’S CLUB!

10. @Tank – I’m holding out hope, the AC building seems to be standing in most of the DS concept art I’ve seen so far….

11. C says:

Rumor has it that it will NOT replace Tamu Lounge and it will be opened in February…

I’ll be in WDW 1 night before DCL in Mid February and hope itll be done but its WDW so I’m not counting on it to be finished before June!

12. C says:

Also I hope it doesn’t take ADR’s or the Dining Plan that would be really really bad IMO

Tank – Jasmine I would not count on Adventures Club…

13. Shayne says:

This. Is. Awesome.

We love Trader Sam’s in Disneyland and can’t wait to experience it at WDW!

14. Dawn says:

Wait, looking at that concept art, does that mean they’re tearing out the fountain in the lobby?

15. Sam Winston says:

Where are they going to put it? Maybe Captain Hook location might not be so ‘temporary”

16. Terry says:

Excited about the Tiki Bar but definitely NOT about the lobby changes that would take out the fabulous fountain and gorgeous plant life in the lobby. This is NOT good.

17. Sam Winston says:

I was just looking at some of the other pictures of Capt. Cook and it’s entrance ‘under the stair case’ in the lobby. I might think the lobby renovation could remove or relocate that stair case; it’s to me it’s always seemed rather awkward in use of space. I’m sure it will come into play with renovations.

What was that space under the stairs used for, part of the lobby offices, meeting rooms, Harry Potter storage?

18. Eeyore says:

Don’t like the lack of fountain in the lobby. To me, that is one of the best things about the Polynesian! The sound of the water alone makes it worth it. I hope they rethink this.

19. Lori says:

I’m NOT happy if they took out the fountain in the lobby! That’s my favorite resort lobby!

20. tammra daugherty says:

Yea on getting a Trader Sam’s. Boo on the lobby re-do. Will totally miss the atrium garden and waterfalls.

21. Jason says:

Some great things, but changing the lobby is not one of them. Can we start a save-the-lobby campaign?

22. JoAnn says:

I will definitely be checking this out.

23. Agreed – I love the water feature in the middle of the Polynesian lobby. It also makes that lovely watery-smell I always associate with the resort in general.

24. Sam Winston says:

I’m sure having a pagan idol as the centerpiece of lobby will go over with some people.

I know the poly always has it’s tiki gods—but they’re rather background players. Not a big center ‘worship’ icon like the one in the pic.

25. Ken Alegre says:

I’m so ready for Trader Sams to open in the new Polynesian Village resort.

26. Rich says:

I am with Lori. I cant imagine them taking away an amazingly beautiful lobby! The Poly is our favorite resort so maybe I’m a little biased. And, the Tambu lounge has an amazing feel and look to it. Bringing back the old resort name is cool though.

27. Janelle says:

I am so excited. This is my favorite resort! I am hoping they are adding and not taking away, what with the addition of the DVC, they hopefully just want to add more things for visitors to do and enjoy. Once it is complete I will start planning a visit. I am waiting till construction ends though :)

28. Cj says:

Of course WDW is getting a Trader Sams! Nothing can be exclusive at Disneyland! WDW must have everything Disneyland has and MORE! I knew it was just a matter of time until we got a bigger and better Traders :) haha