It’s September! Yay for cooler temperatures, right??
Well…maybe not quite yet. But we’re all dreaming of Fall flavors, even if the mercury is still registering in the 80/90 (or higher) range.
If I were in Disney California Adventure, I’d just mosey on over to Cozy Cone Motel and grab a cold one at Cone Number 4.
Nah. I’m not talking about that kinda cold one. I have something even better! (Well. I think so, anyway.) It’s Red’s Apple Freeze to the Rescue!
But since I am not, in fact, anywhere near Disneyland (sigh), I’ll have to make do and make my own. And we can SO do that.
It looks a little like beer, doesn’t it? But this is a frosty beverage even the littlest in your company can enjoy. This concoction combines sweet and tart — no-sugar-added frozen apple juice flavored slightly with marshmallow, and topped by a creamy, passion-fruit froth. Yep. It sounds weird. But it works!
Wanna know how to make it at home? Give this handy recipe a go!
Red’s Apple Freeze
Makes 3-4 Servings
Foam Topping Ingredients:
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, cold
4 tablespoons Mango Nectar/Juice
4 tablespoons Passionfruit Juice
3 tablespoons Sugar
Apple Slush Ingredients:
2 (12 ounce) cans of frozen No-Sugar Added Apple Juice Concentrate (keep frozen until ready to use)
12 ounces cold Water
3 pumps (or tablespoons) Torani Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
Foam Topping Directions:
1. Pour whipping cream into mixing bowl.
2. Add mango and passionfruit juices.
3. Add sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form (this can take a while and it helps if your mixing bowl has been chilled).
4. Set aside in fridge.
Apple Slush Directions:
1. Dump both cans of frozen apple juice into a blender.
2. Add water and 3 squirts of the toasted marshmallow syrup.
3. Blend on high for about 10 seconds. You should now have a slush texture beverage.
4. Immediately pour into glasses and top with prepared foam topping.
I can’t wait to try this at home!
Will you be making a batch of your very own Red’s Apple Freeze? Sound off in the comments!