News: BabyCakes NYC Possible Return to Downtown Disney Orlando

Great news for a LOT of our DFB readers today.

We’ve been keeping tabs on the construction at Downtown Disney as this dining and entertainment district at Walt Disney World is transformed into the new Disney Springs. Recently, we shared updates on The Boathouse and Morimoto Asia — two new restaurants with anticipated opening dates in 2015.

The latest trademark discovery out of Orange County? The potential return of BabyCakes NYC, which closed its doors in the Marketplace earlier this year.

We’ve missed the BabyCakes NYC Cupcakes in Downtown Disney

Of note, the popular gluten-free, vegan bakery is likely to be revitalized as Erin McKenna’s Bakery Valentine; Erin McKenna is the founder of BabyCakes NYC, so we’re hoping to see the return of some amazing gluten-free, vegan goodies.

Babycakes NYC chocolate chip cookie frosting sandwich

Babycakes NYC chocolate chip cookie frosting sandwich

This potential shop will include not only a bakery, but also a retail area selling cooking utensils. While still in the concept phase, we can’t wait to see how this space develops!

Source: Orlando Business Journal

What do you think about the return of BabyCakes bakery items to Downtown Disney? Let us know in the comments below!

Comments

1. gina says

Certianly hope this is true. Big mistake n WDW part when it shut down Babycakes. Those prepackaged itmes were not fresh, did not taste the same, and never what I would order. So then I had to order and have delivered to resort on property and pay $10 delivery fee and my DVC discount was no longer honored

2. Joni says

I think this is great news!!.
    I can’t imagine being a parent of a child that has food allergies and seeing all the tempting treats that are everywhere at Disney and them not being able to indulge. This is a much needed shop. Wish they would zip things up a bit and add some Disney flare to some of the cupcakes etc. Think the kids would love that.

3. Dana says

So excited! I miss being able to enjoy a cupcake (I’m gluten-free) while everyone else gets to eat treats I can’t eat.

4. Sandra says

We found Babycakes mini-cakes at Art of Animation’s food court two years ago. I wonder if they still sell them there or at other food courts? It was a treat for our friend to have his burger on a good GF bun and also a fun dessert.

5. Maria says

Oh my GOSH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reopen! Babycakes was the only reason I went to Downtown Disney, lol. I looooooove Babycakes and I was devastated when they closed. I loved those cupcakes <3

6. Kelly D says

Sandra, Landscape of Flavors still offered the Babycakes cupcake quartet during my Oct 5th visit. I am not gluten-free, but I still love the less-sweet flavor profile of a Babycakes dessert. It’s getting a little easier to find healthier entree options around the World, but most of the desserts are still waaaaay to sweet and filled with artificial ingredients. I would be thrilled to see Babycakes products make a return under any concept name.

7. Tom says

God I hope not. I tried these cupcakes on three different occasions and each time I was left very disappointed! I’ve had other vegan and gluten free cupcakes and these are by far some of the worse! I hope they can do better!

8. Geri says

So looking forward to a cupcake or brownie at Downtown Disney this past weekend and found Babycakes closed. Three Disney staff did not know where I could get gluten free treats at Disney. Very sad for those of us who have dietary restrictions for medical reasons and don’t have a choice. Please, please DisneyWorld, bring back Babycakes Bakery!!!

9. Kathy says

Please bring them back! Being GF, my family was sooooo lucky forward to trying their products…..so sad that another choice on our limited list is gone. Fresh is better!