AAAAAH!! I am so excited to share this DFB exclusive!
We may have closed the books on the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, but we’re still reliving the memories of one of the best Festivals we remember from recent years! And, NO JOKE, I get emails, tweets, facebook messages, what-have-you EVERY SINGLE DAY from readers asking me for the recipe for the Sweet Corn Cheesecake, the dessert item featured at this year’s Mexico Marketplace Booth.
The sweet, rich, creamy dessert was the perfect marriage of the familiar and the unexpected for our readers, and everyone’s all about figuring out how to make it at home.
Well, the wait is over! Thanks to the super generous and ever accommodating Chef Gerardo Gonzalez (a.k.a. Chef Jerry), who oversees all of the restaurants in the Mexico Pavilion (and who I may have bugged a little incessantly about giving me this recipe…and the one for the amazing Crema de Elote at La Hacienda de San Angel…still waiting on that one, Chef Jerry…), for sharing it with us and allowing us to print it for you lot!
Sweet Corn Cheesecake
For the Crust:
1 pound crushed graham crackers (2 cups worked for us when we tried the recipe)
1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
2 cans (12 oz each) sweet corn, drained of excess liquid
6 tablespoons (3 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 335° F.
To Make the Crust:
1. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter. Mix with the graham crackers and press into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom and sides. Set aside.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until fully combined and soft.
2. Add sweetened condensed milk, scraping down sides to make sure the mixture is fully blended.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides after each addition to make sure the mixture is fully blended.
4. Add in evaporated milk a little at a time, scraping the bowl down often.
5. Add corn to the mixture. Blend all ingredients and pour into the springform pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until just set.
7. Cool cheesecake until it reaches room temperature. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Woo-hoo! You’re welcome!
Will you be making this delicious Sweet Corn Cheesecake this holiday season or just because it’s Tuesday? 😉 Leave us a comment and tell us your thoughts!