News! “A Cooking Safari with Mickey” Cookbook Coming Soon to Disney Parks

Pam Brandon and the Chefs at Disney have put together yet another cookbook to share some of our favorite dishes — and we have a feeling we’ll be adding this one to our shelves soon!

A Cooking Safari with Mickey will feature recipes from the restaurants of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. The emphasis will be on the cuisine of South Africa and India.

A Cooking Safari with Mickey Cookbook Cover

A Cooking Safari with Mickey Cookbook Cover

Could it be…is it possible…we’ll finally have the secret to the incredible
Butter Chicken?!?

Slow-cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well-seasoned Butter Chicken and Chicken Vindaloo

We Hope the Book Has ALL the “Slow-cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well-seasoned” Secrets from Sanaa!

Expect to see this new volume on sale in Disney Parks this Spring.

Will you be seeking out A Cooking Safari with Mickey to add to your Disney Cookbook collection? Leave a comment and tell us if you’re excited to see this one!

Comments

1. Lynne Winter says

I want this! I haven’t cooked a lot of the recipes out of my Disney cookbooks, but I like collecting them!

2. Sue says

Yes, I will definitely buy this. Any more specifics about when it will be released? It feels like “spring” is very far away.

3. Galloping Gourmond says

I was so excited that Disney would be offering a cooking safari on the Harambe Wildlife Reserve I didn’t even bother to read the end of the headline. Still, I like the idea of the book. However, I really like the idea of cooking classes out on the savannah!

4. Susan Burgess-Parrish says

I can’t wait! Those are favorites of ours and I never could figure out how to prepare them. This sounds like a great book!

5. Angie says

Love the cuisine served at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, especially Jiko’s. Would love some of those recipes. Headed to Disney World in the end of April & hope to get a copy!

6. Sandra says

Oh, yes, this will be on the top of my souvenir list for our next trip. We have really liked the food at Boma and Tusker House buffets and enjoy cooking at home, so it will get a work-out.

AJ, the Butter Chicken recipe is available in a recently released cookbook (2014) called Kitchen Magic with Mickey! It’s the one with the dark grey cover. I picked it up on my recent trip to WDW and was thrilled to find the Butter Chicken recipe in there. One disappointment was that in the recipe it calls for “tikka masala,” and I’m assuming they are referring to jarred tikka masala sauce. I was hoping they wouldn’t take shortcuts with it, but it seems that the recipe released (at least in that book) includes a bit of a shortcut.