YOU MUST EAT THIS: Warm Peanut Butter Brownie at Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons

This past Sunday was National Peanut Butter Day!! But, you guys know that around here, every day is peanut butter day, so… I couldn’t wait to tell you about this ah-mazing snack I tried last week!

It’s at Sunshine Seasons, which is one of the best counter-service joints in Epcot. It’s home to yummy breakfasts (including their Croissant Berry Bread Pudding), healthy grab and go eats, and dinners that rival many table service meals.

It’s also THE place for some fabulous snacks in Epcot, including Strawberry Shortcake, the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie, and one of my favorite carrot cake cupcakes on property.

But, now, I’ve found something that puts all of that to shame. I’d heard rumors about this awesomeness, and — FYI — they’re TRUE.

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie

Check out the Warm Peanut Butter Brownie.

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie in the Container

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie in the Container

Honestly, it doesn’t look like much at first glance. But, you can see that the Brownie Batter is swirled with Peanut Butter. So that’s awesome. A thin Caramel Glaze adds another element to the top.

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie -- Up Close

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie — Up Close

But then, you cut into it and you see that there’s far more here than meets the eye initially. Inside, you meet with a thick ribbon of Peanut Buttery Goodness and a Fudgey, not-quite-fully-baked Chocolate Center.

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie -- Cross Section

Warm Peanut Butter Brownie — Cross Section

So, basically, what this tastes like is the following:

When I was in high school, and the Buffalo Bills were doing really well (I know, right? How many of us remember those days?), I used to go to the games with my mom (yep, my mom). Well, we lived about an hour and a half away from Buffalo, so we’d have to get up reeeeeeeeeally early, put on about sixty layers of clothes, and drive to Buffalo to start the pre-game tailgating at a decent hour. (Just hang on, I’m getting to the brownie part.)

Anyway, every time we had a game scheduled, my mom and I would make caramel swirled brownies the night before. These were brownies that had a swirl (natch) of caramel on top, and I always made sure they were about 1/4 underdone when I took them out of the oven…so I had to, like, almost eat them with a spoon since they didn’t quite hold together properly as they were so fudgey.

When we got to the game, we’d unwrap the foil-wrapped, gooey, caramelly brownies and dig in. It was pretty much heaven. Right there in Buffalo. And to this day, there are very few desserts that bring me as much joy as those half-baked brownies.

OK, so take THAT description (childhood nostalgia, brownie batter, caramel, and [Insert Your Favorite Sports Team Here])…and add PEANUT BUTTER.

A Delicious Bite

A Delicious Bite

I KNOW, RIGHT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only negative thought is to berate my 16 year old self for not adding peanut butter to the mix way back when.

OK, so go. Get this. Now. It’s currently listed as a “seasonal” treat, but the chef I spoke to seemed pretty certain that it would stick around. Here’s hoping…

Do You Love Epcot Snacks?

We do too! And that’s why we’ve put together the authoritative DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks!

DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks  DFB Store - Mozilla Firefox 7212014 30032 PM

It tells you everything you ever wanted to know about all of the delicious snacks and treats available in Epcot.

And if you love that, you’re gonna love our full library of DFB Snack Guides! You can choose from the DFB Guide to Epcot Snacks, the DFB Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks, or the DFB Guide to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios Snacks!

Better yet, grab a Bundle of all the Snack Guides and save…a bundle!

With color photos and reviews of hundreds of snacks in the Walt Disney World theme parks, plus tons of bonus features, our Guides offer you tips and planning tools for making the most out of your Disney Food Budget!

I told you — you gotta try this one! So when will you be stopping by Sunshine Seasons to get yours? Let us know in the comments!

Comments

1. Natalie says

Holy cow!!! I hope you’re right about this sticking around, my trip isn’t till June and I HAVE to try this!

2. Kim says

I tried this too! Back in january, I was staring at the desserts at Sunshine (let’s face it I stare at everything every station at Sunshines but I digress) and I asked the lady what I should try and she was begging me to try the warm peanut butter brownie.

Now I am not a fan of peanut butter stuff but she was so passionnate about it that I took it. AND OH MY GOD. This is so good, doesn’t taste too much like peanut butter and damn now I want one.

3. archrd says

I had one of these last month I was there…I am so glad I decided to go for this instead of my usual strawberry shortcake. If you are a peanut butter lover this is for you!

4. Stacey says

There are just way too many yummy things to eat at Epcot! But, definitely adding this to the list.

5. Essie says

Omg, this isn’t fair, AJ. First of all, I have no planned trip on the horizon (family matters and responsibilities must come first), and second, I was looking at the cross section photo when my hand slipped and I hit the photo and up came a BIGGER photo! Now my mouth is really drooling into my keyboard. I take it the white ribbon is the PB layer? It looks wonderful and the fact that it is warm makes it sound even better. I’d def try one. Sunshine Seasons is a real Gem.

6. Michele says

@Evelynn My fingers are crossed for both of us!! I am a peanut butter FREAK and I need this in my life!

7. Evelynn says

@Michele I am too!! OMG, I can’t wait!! :D @AJ, can you send me one now? ( puppy dog eyes) haha

8. Valerie says

Will be trying in Nov./Dec. as well as the Croissant Berry Pudding. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Amy says

I’d never thought about including Sunshine Seasons in our “must eats” for this year, but it’s 100% on the list now!

10. Betty says

Read this, and couldn’t get the thought out of my mind…so I took advantage of the luxury of living only a few minutes away, and ran over to Epcot this afternoon for my “afternoon tea” – grabbed a cup of hot tea from Starbucks, picked up a brownie at Sunshine Seasons (she wasn’t going to put the caramel on there – apparently she didn’t know anything about caramel being part of it – but I asked her to check and sure enough…caramel was added!), and took both out into the Land courtyard area to enjoy, sitting by the waterfall. It was perfect! Not too sweet; just the right combination of chewy brownie around the edges and moist brownie inside; with neither the chocolate nor the peanut butter overpowering the flavor of the other.

Thanks for letting us know about this one!

11. Jean says

OMG! I was there in November & I did not see that! Now am going to have to go back (yes, I would make the trip just to try this brownie!). And, by the way, I remember the glory days of the Bills. I grew up just outside if Buffalo. Ah the good old days!!!

12. Marie says

Also going to take advantage of living nearby and try this out! Too bad Sunshine Seasons doesn’t have ice cream. Brownie a la mode anyone?

13. Marie says

Ok so I haven’t gotten there yet but has anyone else tried it? The only other review I’ve seen said it wasn’t very good. I’m just hoping it’s fudgy and not cakey. Disney and their cakey brownies… Bums me out every time.

14. Greg says

AJ: Hey I love peanut butter, but I also went to the Bills games when I was in high school and they were good and I lived an hour and a half away from Buffalo in Jamestown. Where were you from?

15. Laura says

So I had this twice on my trip in mid-March… YUMMY! I’m a huge peanut butter/chocolate fan, so I had to try this. At first I thought it wasn’t there as I couldn’t find it in the bakery cabinet, but it’s off to the left where a small sign says to try out the seasonal dessert. You have to ask for it!

The first one I had was ooey and gooey and had so much goodness to it. Exactly as described above. I was in heaven. The second one I had a little later in the week. It wasn’t as ooey gooey, but it was baked a little more. I’m not sure if it’s because it was kept in the heater/baker thing they stay in until sold, but I’m thinking that is what happened. Still soft on the inside, it was good. Enjoyed the first one more, though.

Definitely give this a go! I’m going again in May and will definitely have it again!

16. Marie says

Like Laura said, if it’s kept under the warmer longer it’s not very gooey. I asked if mine had been our long and they said no, but mine wasn’t gooey at all (it was the end of the night). More like chocolate cake & pb cookie. Still good but I wouldn’t get it again.

17. Stacey says

I just had this today and was disappointed. I was SUPER excited, and wanted to love it but wish I would’ve have had something else. It was dry (even with the caramel sauce) and I did not detect but a trace of PB. The inside was definitely not ooey gooey and my cross section pic showed mostly chocolate. Overall, it was a warm dry brownie with caramel sauce. Maybe just not enough PB swirl in his batch, maybe overcooked. I would rather have spent the money on a Whoopie Pie I saw at the table next to me. So sad. I really tried to like it but it fell flat.