News: Details and Booking for 2015 Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights Dining Events

Last week, Disney announced that 2015 will be the last year for The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The popular show is wrapping to accommodate construction for two new Lands coming to the park in the future: Toy Story and Star Wars.

The festive synchronized holiday lights and music show will be on display from November 6, 2015 through January 3, 2016.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

The announcement also revealed that two new extra ticket events will be added this year to celebrate the final run of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Details have been released for each of these events, which are now open for booking.

Merry and Bright Dessert Party

The Merry & Bright Dessert Party will take place from November 6 through December 30, 2015. Please note that the hours change based on the date you choose:

• from November 6-December 24, the party runs from 7:00 – 8:30 pm,
  • and from December 25-30, the party runs from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
  • Excluded dates are: November 17, December 9, and December 18.

Guests will enjoy a reserved viewing area, and will also receive a custom stadium blanket as a souvenir.

Price to attend is $69 for adults, $39 for children (including tax and gratuity).

Guests Enjoying the Seating Area

Guests Enjoying the Seating Area

Guests can book by calling (407) 939-3463 or online via the Walt Disney World website.

Osborne Lights -- Peace On Earth

Osborne Lights — Peace On Earth

Merry and Bright Dinner Reception

From January 1 (8:30 to 10:00 pm), and 2nd, 3rd (7:00 to 8:30 pm), the Merry & Bright Dinner Reception will offer a chance to ring in the new year by enjoying small plates (turkey, beef, and shrimp dishes among them) along with specialty drinks, wine, and beer, all from an exclusive reserved viewing area. At evening’s end, each guest will receive “a custom shadow box keepsake featuring their own Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!”

Seating at Dusk Before the Lights Come On

Seating at Dusk Before the Lights Come On

The price to attend is $99 for adults, $54 for children (including tax and gratuity).

Interested guests may book this event online, or by calling (407) 939-3463.

Osborne Lights

Osborne Lights

Please note that seating for the events is outdoors and uncovered without assigned seating, and an alternate location will be used in the event of rain (usually this is Studio Catering Co.). It is anticipated that these events may book up quickly, due to the popularity of the Dancing Lights.

For more information, be sure to visit the Merry & Bright Dessert Party and Merry & Bright Dinner Reception pages on the Walt Disney World website.

Will you be seeing the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during its final run? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Penny says

I logged in this morning and got my reservation for my daughter and I in December. What a way to celebrate her getting her Masters!!!!!

2. Traci says

Will be there 1/3 as well. Have always gone mid-to late Jan so never saw the lights. So glad I will be there for this!!

3. CraigInPA says

I so wanted to go to this, but $69 (even if it includes a roll up stadium blanket) is just so not worth it.

4. Tom says

We usually don’t do dessert parties to avoid sugar shock but signed up for this one despite the hefty price tag since our beloved Osborne lights will be unplugged forever.

5. Sandra says

We enjoyed the MK dessert party a few years ago, but it was only $75 for the three of us! My son loves the Lights but I know he would be just as happy with a mug of hot chocolate from one of the stands to enjoy while we walk around and look at the display. I’d rather have the $138 available for something he truly wants, like a special souvenir or TS meal for all of us.

6. Peter says

Booked this for Nov 10th, our last night at the “World”

As a Brit, don’t know what a stadium blanket is, but happy to find out.

7. Tammi says

Thanks for the link. I had been trying to book this through dining on the website and it wouldn’t let me. I had to rearrange some plans a little, but got this booked for 12/20. Very excited. I know it’s expensive, but some things are worth the once in a lifetime. I did the Villains’ Sinister Soiree last year that everybody complained about the price. I am so glad I did since they didn’t bring it back and it was absolutely amazing.

8. Erin says

Oh boy!! Booked the party for 12/17 and cannot wait!! I’ve only been able to see the lights once and it was pouring rain so we didn’t stay long. It is pricey, but I do love what Disney does with their special events and it’s the end of the lights so why not I say! :)

9. Tracy Barrack says

I loved the Frozen dessert party last year at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. I was so happy to hear that a new dessert party is being offered. I had no problems getting tickets for Dec.16th.

10. Andrea says

I booked for 1/2, for myself, my husband, and our toddler. I’m looking forward to the keepsake (but I kind of wish my kiddo could have the blanket).

11. Veronica says

We will be there on 12-7-15 to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary! Those of you who have attended The Dessert Party in the past, can you share what the menu is like?

12. Kristina says

I noticed the party is the exact time as Fantasmic for the day we will be there. Is it possible to arrive at the party after its start time?

13. Fran says

Very much looking forward to it. Booked it as soon as you posted about it. But have a dilemma as I am only there one night and had a spot reserved on the Magic Kingdom Fireworks desert cruise. I am leaning towards the HS event since this is the last year for the lights, but welcome advice on which to chose.

14. marilyn stevens says

We are going to the lights because it is a must see event and especially since this is the last time they will be doing it. We have enjoyed it for many years and it is always a highlight of our trip for my mom. We will not however be going to the highly overpriced dessert party. I love all things Disney but the dessert pricing is just outrageous and ridiculous.

15. Amy says

Do you know if you can reserve and cancel or change at a later date with or without penalty? I am planning a visit just not sure that the dates I have picked will work.

16. Rob Mahoney says

Just booked Dessert party for whole family !! Party of 11.
    Expensive, but memory of saying goodbye to the lights with kids and parents all at once worth it.

NOTE FOR ANDREA!!
    We will have 11 blankets – and I’d love one of the dinner party keepsakes – but can’t go during New Years.
    Willing to trade you a blanket for a dinner party keepsake!!! If you are interested, post a reply and I’ll share my email.

17. Nikki says

I just booked this but can’t find where it lists exactly what desserts and beverages will be offered. Does anybody else know where I can find this information?
    Thank you!

18. Lizabeth says

I’ve got my reservation for this as well as the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. I am celebrating my birthday by treating myself to a magical WDW trip in December. I’m so excited

19. Robert HaYEK says

Billions of people are starving and you fine folks are blowing $168 to see those fantastic lights. Alarming where our priorities are.

20. Robert HaYEK says

A shame more folks cannot afford that exorbitant price tag to see this last viewing of a display that once was free for neighbors to drive by to see (though it had one million less lights :-)

21. Robert HaYEK says

apparently, the sponsor of these comments doesn’t allow any statements that border on the negative aspects of this event, especially the price to attend!

Robert — There is a delay when a person comments for the first time on one of our posts, as we review comments before posting them, and this is usually done two times a day. Thank you for your input and for reading Disney Food Blog. We appreciate it.

23. Rachel says

Not worth the money! I attended this dessert party last week with a friend. We were both very disappointed! The desserts were just not good! The only one we enjoyed was the apple pie dessert. Still upset I paid $69 for Apple pie and hot chocolate. The view was great but you can get the same view walking around.

I was at Osborne last night before the event started. All the pretty tables looked amazing so my friend and I wanted to make a reservation for another night. We came back at 7:30 p.m. to see what it was all about. We saw table after table of really bored people. No One and I mean No One looked like they were enjoying themselves. They started removing the desserts just after 7:30 p.m. a half hour after it started. I asked a man how the desserts tasted and he replied “it is what it is”. So save your money, viewing the lights are for free and the desserts looked like something you would get at a cheap buffet. If the price point was $20. then it might be worth it.