Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Go teams! No matter who you’re cheering for it’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy our weekly round-up of the most delicious Disney food news. (I’m a Bills fan, so as long as the Giants, Pats, Cowboys, and Dolphins stay out of the big game, I’m happy ;-D)
We are still celebrating the grand launch of the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2016 e-book! The Guide is fully updated for 2016 vacations and is available for purchase and download to help you make the most of your dining plans at Walt Disney World! You can use code HAPPYPLACE to get a $4 discount off the cover price!
We love answering your questions and this week’s reader question was “Where can we get a good breakfast if we are NOT into characters or buffets?” You can check out our answer here.
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We love brownies and this week we were talking about the Best Brownies in Walt Disney World!
- Residents of the Super Bowl States – the Carolinas and Colorado – can get a great deal at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel and residents of the winning team’s state get a free upgrade!
- Ever wonder what the best one credit restaurants are with the Disney Dining Plan? We have some recommendations.
- Afternoon tea is coming to the Crescent Solarium at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
- We reviewed the Smoky Cheddar Grits at the Smiling Crocodile in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Disneyland’s River Belle Terrace is now accepting Advance Dining Reservations!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
If you like sushi we suggest visiting the Kona Island Sushi Bar at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – it’s a great spot for sushi in the evening. DFB reader Jenn (@FairestRunOfAll) recently shared this photo of some gorgeous sushi!
Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian’s Garden View Lounge should definitely be on your Disney bucket list. DFB fan Barry Ripley recently enjoyed tea at the Grand Floridian and shared this photo of some of the pastries and strawberries and cream.
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
DFB Readers #OnTheList Suggestions
As part of our new #OnTheList series we’ll be sharing weekly some of our readers’ suggestions for what they would add to the Disney Food bucket list!
Those are great choices!!! Make sure to search #OnTheList on Twitter to see what is on everyone’s Disney food bucket list, plus tweet, instagram, or facebook out your favorites using the hashtag #OnTheList. Be sure to @DisneyFoodBlog!
Check out our #OnTheList page to see what’s on OUR Disney Food Bucket List!
Deal of the Week: The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2016 e-book!
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining e-Book is an instantly downloadable PDF guide, featuring over 530 full-color pages of photographs, information, and advice about our favorite subjects — food and dining in Walt Disney World.
Order the 2016 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining today and use promo code HAPPYPALCE for $4 off!
Our team of Walt Disney World food experts have put together the most comprehensive guide to Walt Disney World food and dining available. With more than 25 years of experience eating and drinking our way through the Parks and Resorts, we’ve learned a thing or two — and we love sharing our secrets with you!
Order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2016 e-Book today, and start planning your Disney dining adventures right now!
Here are just a few of the things you’ll find in our DFB to Walt Disney World Dining:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic. You asked for it, and we wrote it!
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable — always just a pocket away!
- and MORE!
Order the 2016 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining today and use promo code HAPPYPLACE for $4 off!
The DFB Everything Bundle
But for those of you who want to be prepared for EVERYTHING at Disney World, we’re also offering our most popular Bundle, the DFB Everything Bundle, for a special savings as well!
This bundle packs in all of our e-Books, including the Guide that started it all — the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2015 edition. And during this special sale, you can get $4 off the already low price when you enter code SAVINGS.
This Bundle is priced at a huge discount already — over 40% off the guide prices — representing great savings. But with our extra $4, you’ll save even more. Learn more about the DFB Everything Bundle here.
The bundle includes the pre-order of the DFB Guide to the 2016 Epcot Food & Wine Festival as well as the 2015 guide as an immediate download — FREE!
Remember, with a 100% money-back guarantee on all of our guides, you have nothing to lose! 🙂
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix found this Star Wars ‘Feel The Force Mug’ and we must have it! No need for a spoon the mug is self-stirring!
WDW For Grownups enjoyed a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite spots, Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano.
Disney Parks Blog shared the how-to for making bride and groom candy apples from Walt Disney World. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Disney Family shared six Fun Food Art Recipes.
The Toy Story Facebook Page shared a recipe for some super-cute Alien Cupcakes.
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!