News! Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug Has Arrived at Trader Sam’s in Disney World

UPDATE: From our discussions with cast members and feedback from readers, it seems that the Tiki mugs are sold out and won’t be returning. But be sure to call the Polynesian directly to double check if you’re in dire need of a mug.

BEWARE OF HITCHHIKING GHOSTS!

Why? Because they’ve materialized at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto located in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World!

Just a few days ago we discovered that the Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug that was a sell-out hit at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in Disneyland would be coming to the bar’s Grog Grotto counterpart on the east coast… only we (and the Skippers) didn’t know when.

Well, our reader Daniel S. let us know that the Tiki Mugs have just arrived at the Grog Grotto… and indeed, this picture on Instagram showed up on the @tradersams Instagram Account.

@tradersams on Instagram

@tradersams on Instagram

Details surrounding the purchasing of the mugs were also included in the post.

@tradersam's on Instagram

@tradersams on Instagram

As it reads, the Tiki Mugs will be available while supplies last, and are limited to ONE per person. Additionally, only 200 mugs will be sold per night.

Here’s hoping a ghost — or three! — follows YOU home on your next trip to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto!

Are you a fan of the Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Cindy says

I’m glad they are limiting them. I collect all kinds of Disney souvenirs – I do not buy multiple items so I can gouge others and make a greedy profit. I’ve seen these on eBay for $100+. When people buy tons of items, they make it impossible for us to buy one because they sell out too fast. I know Disney cannot do a lot about the greedy people in this world, but at least they try to make it less convenient for some people to buy out some souvenirs before people like me can even buy one. I wish they would put more of these items online at Shop Disney Parks. Then the greedy people would not have any more profit.

2. Sara W. says

We were there the first night of the release and they were telling us it was a 4+ hour wait. Despite their 4:00 opening, they were advising guests to get in line hours in advance. The host told us to try being there at 1:00 the next day, but we overheard him telling others later to try coming at 11:00! I love the mug, but not worth spending an entire day of my vacation waiting for!

3. Jordan says

I realize only 200 per day are being released, but does anyone know for how long? Do we have an end date?

4. Micky says

We got them on the 11th and we’re told they expected to sell out by the end of the weekend. We got in line at 2pm for a wristband, got the wristband at 3, then came back at 11:30pm for a drink and the mugs.

5. Paul says

They still had them as of 5pm today (Friday Oct 14) but not sure how long they’ll be available. Got a wristband at 3:30pm and had a mug around 5pm.

6. Kimberly says

Is there any word on possible restock for FL? I know they were getting more in at Disneyland closer to Halloween, but I wasn’t sure about WDW…

7. Kelly Wilson says

Heading there in 13 days and we’re staying at the Polynesian, so I am hoping to get lucky!

8. Serene says

I think it is a good idea that they are limiting them. They didn’t do that at Disneyland They are all sold out here. Of course they are being sold for extremely high prices. I guess that is what they call capitalism

9. Sarah D says

I was there yesterday, Oct 20th. Was told by a Cast Member at Trader Sam’s that the Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki mug is sold out and that they will not be getting anymore. She said they were a very limited edition for a limited amount of time. There were about 40 people behind me in line and we all left. Kudos to those who were lucky enough to get one! Sounds like they’re done.
    If this is indeed the case, would someone please update this blog, as it says they are available? It’s causing quite a bit of angst here at the Polynesian in Florida.

10. Jennifer says

I checked for this mug a couple weeks ago at Disneyland it was no where to be found. I really want one.

Jennifer — The mug is exclusive to Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar. Currently, they are out of the mug, but we’ve been told that they expected to get more in around Halloween. Fingers crossed!

12. Sarah D. says

Wow! Did someone at Trader Sam’s tell you this today? I’m here now, have gone to Sam’s two days in a row and have been told they will NOT be getting anymore?? Hmm?

Sarah D. — Are you referring to my previous comment? Are you in WDW or DL? My comment is referring to Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in Disneyland. While I haven’t spoken to anyone there directly, today or otherwise, other readers have relayed throughout the month that Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in Disneyland expected to get more. That’s all we have to go on — no confirmation. Hope this helps. :-)

14. Skipper Dani says

**GOOD NEWS EVERYONE THE MUGS ARE BACK**
    As of 10/25/2016 the Disneyland location in Anaheim has received a new shipment of Hitchhiker Ghost mugs. So come on in say hello and grab your limited edition souvenir glass before they’re gone!

15. Laura S says

Yes! I LOVE the Haunted Mansion. I didn’t even know that they made things like this. I cannot get one though which makes me really sad becuase I live in IL. :(

Ann — We haven’t seen anything like these in resort shops. Hopefully Disney gets the memo though about how super popular these were, and we’ll see more merch like this in the future.

17. Don says

I buy at least 1 mug each time I visit at Trader Sam’s in Anaheim which is about twice a month. I give them to friends and family as gifts. Yes I am addicted to Rum….. and the Tiki theme. And Disneyland since 1956…