News: Baked Potato Now at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom

I have long sung the praises of Baked Potatoes in the Magic Kingdom.

And I know you may be thinking, “So what’s the big deal? I can bake a potato at home.” But there are a few things I love to point out about this humble snack option.

One: it’s a snack that is hearty enough to serve as more of a meal, while being less expensive than most better-known snacks on property. Two: it’s a terrific option for our vegetarian friends. Three: it’s a fairly low-cal option that still offers plenty of great comfort food taste (though you can load it up with all the butter, sour cream, and shredded cheese that comes with it, if you prefer. No one’s stopping you!).

It’s just one of those simple things that can really hit the spot. So you can imagine our concern when we noticed on our latest Magic Kingdom stroll that the Baked Potato was no longer available at the spot that has served as its home for years: Liberty Square Market.

Baked Potato At Liberty Square Market

Baked Potato At Liberty Square Market

In its place on the menu? Turkey Legs.

Liberty Square Market Menu

Liberty Square Market Menu

But never fear! Because we found it just steps away at — and you may have guessed this if you noticed the little picture at the top of this post ;)Sleepy Hollow Refreshments.

Sleepy Hollow Refreshments

Sleepy Hollow Refreshments

So it’s still safe and sound in Liberty Square. At least for now!

Baked Potato sign

Baked Potato sign

And really, this is the perfect time of year to know this bit of info. The Florida summer can be too warm to find a steaming hot and tender Baked Potato very inviting. But trust me when I say this one of my very favorite autumn-into-Florida-winter treats to enjoy in Disney World. And even if it changes locations again (and we’ll keep you posted if it does!), I sure hope it stays somewhere in the Magic Kingdom for many years to come!

Have you ever enjoyed a Baked Potato in Magic Kingdom? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Bret Bowen says

We went a few weeks ago and it was there one day and gone the next….. glad to hear it is close by.

2. nursejackie says

Oh no! How can I go to the Sleepy Hollow window and NOT order a fruit and nutella waffle? I don’t think the words ‘baked potato please’ would come out of my mouth when I can see people eating waffles.

3. Rune says

Glad it’s still hanging on in there, nothing quite like a good old baked spud loaded up with bits n bobs. Sleepy Hollow used to also serve soup didn’t it? Granted, not what you want in ninety degree heat but some hot soup would be a great winter pairing for the potato.

4. Jean says

Potatoes! Not just for vegetarians…it’s a wonderful gluten-friendly option amongst the waffles, churros, and sandwiches.

5. Rune says

Good point, Jean. With so many Disney places offering GF buns / cupcakes etc, I’m hoping for the day when we get a GF option on waffles & funnel cakes (not holding my breath but it’d be nice.)

Speaking of which, have the waffles at Sleepy Hollow been changed now? I saw AJ’s update with the spicy chicken one and the waffle looked pretty unappealing compared to its previous incarnation. The last waffle we bought was at Sleepy Hollow over Christmas and it was looking pretty sad too. AJ, any chance of a review / update on the waffle sitch at SH and whether they’re changed park-wide?

6. Dave says

And for you Floridians who start to get frostbite when the temps get into the 50’s, the taters make great hand warmers before you eat them.

7. Mark says

Lol, Dave. I always tell newcomers not to get rid of their winter clothes. After 3 years 60 IS chilly.