Hi from DFB! We hope you had a great weekend and that you’re staying warm! Brew yourself a cuppa tea or cocoa and get ready to check out this week’s Food Post Round-up!
Holidays Around the World is in full swing at Epcot and we recently had a chance to check out all the food! We have all the booth menus and food pictures for you!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We have a review of all the treats at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- Check out our picks for the best restaurants for holiday meals at Disney World!
- The Tower of Terror 13th Hour Dessert Party is planned for New Year’s Eve at Disney California Adventure.
- More Star Wars experiences are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes is set to open at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District in late 2017!
- ABC Commissary now offering ‘fast casual’ dining and dinner menu!
- Check out the latest PassPorter Moms Podcast where AJ talks about last-minute holiday dining at Disney World!
- Check out our newest YouTube video: A review of Ample Hills Creamery at the BoardWalk!
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more!
We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
DFB Reader Finds
We had a chance to check out all the treats at this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and there is a special “secret” cookie that you can only get in one spot! DFB fan Penny Stephens says she “hit the jackpot” and got one of the cookies at MVMCP! (Hint: You can find these on the trail to the right of Le Chapeau — they open it up to party-goers only in order to improve traffic flow before the party begins.)
Earlier this year we told you about the new French Fries with Pulled Pork and Cheese at the Flame Tree Barbecue at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and I just had them again…TWICE…on my recent visit. DFB reader Ashley Cruse tried them recently and declared “DFB was right – these are amazing!” I knew I liked you, Ashley! ;-D
Do you have a favorite Disney Food find? Share your photos with us!
Deal of the Week: 20% Off the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Holidays 2016 with code CANDYCANE!
We’re celebrating the grand launch of the DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2106! We’ve been busy updating all the latest holiday tips and brand new info you NEED to know before you head to Walt Disney World for the holiday season, including NEW events and holiday happenings, over 380 pages, 350 full-color photos, and an informative FAQ section.
Save 20% off the cover price! Just use code CANDYCANE at checkout!
The guide includes:
- Detailed descriptions and photos of every holiday event and activity happening at the parks and resorts this year — including tips on how to make the best use of your time and money when visiting!
- A full chapter dedicated to all “New for 2016″ events, dining options, and activities, including what’s new at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, and Epcot’s Holidays Around the World.
- A fully comprehensive holiday dining section with listings of holiday snacks, treats, meals, and menu items offered this year — from popcorn kiosks all the way to Signature Restaurants.
- NEW! Holiday cooking tips and recipes straight from Walt Disney World chefs
- Updated chapter on where to dine with no advance dining reservations.
- Updated chapter on 10 must-eat snacks this holiday season.
- A clickable 3-Month Schedule of Holiday Events so you can see at-a-glance what looks interesting to you.
- Comprehensive listings — with color photos! — of Disney Resort holiday decor and gingerbread displays
- Our recommendations on ways to SAVE while you’re in Disney World this holiday season.
- Scavenger Hunts for every theme park
- Disney Cruise Line Chapter
- A Preview of the 2017 Holidays in Disney World
- Expanded Epcot Holidays Around the World section
- Expanded Disney Springs holiday offerings
- Expanded Disney’s Hollywood Studios holiday offerings
- New! Religious services chapter
- New! Hotel discounts chapter
- Expanded “tips” chapter
- Updated What’s New section
- Updated and Expanded Holiday Dining sections
- Updated holiday activities/events chapters
- New and updated crawls and touring strategies
- Updated Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event and dining information
- And more!
Both veterans and those new to the Walt Disney World holidays will appreciate knowing what they are getting before spending time and vacation dollars. Whether you want to sample treats, enjoy a show, savor a holiday meal, or find the best activity for your family, The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World Holidays 2016 will help you discover the right strategy for you.
Don’t forget — for easy access in the parks, put the guide on your smartphone or iPad!
Once again, celebrate the grand launch with us by getting 20% off the purchase price for the e-Book TODAY!
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix found these totally cool Star Wars Tiki Mugs.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for the Gingerbread Cookies from the bakery at the Grand Floridian.
Disney Family shared a fun recipe for allergy-friendly Mickey and Minnie no-bake cookies.
OMGiri shared a ‘Moana’-inspired bento box!
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!