In addition to Outdoor Kitchens, the 2017 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will also host a handful of Special Events!
Joining the Festival’s Outdoor Kitchens as well as the Garden Rocks Dining Packages, added Special Events enhance your festival experience. While some tours and experiences do require a fee, others are available free of charge.
Free Events at Festival Center
Festival Center will be Festival Central — for free fun and DIY inspiration. Look for all of the following at Festival Center:
- Garden Information Desk: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Connect with Master Gardeners from the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences.
- Garden Theatre: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- See the “making” of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Heritage of Disney’s Horticulture Exhibit: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Learn how horticulture has played a key role in creating Walt Disney’s vision.
- Hands-On Presentations at the Greenhouse Stage: 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Demonstrations at the Fresh Epcot Stage: Noon and 3:00 PM
- Tips at the Spotlight Stage: 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- Soak up planting pointers from the experts at University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences.
- Conversations at the Festival Stage: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Catch lively discussions on a variety of horticulture topics.
Festival Center hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM—March 1 through May 29, 2017.
Family Friendly Weekends
Look for special emphasis on educational garden-themed activities that will inspire the whole family to get out and dig in the dirt!
- Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment and Conservation Specialists: March 31 to April 2 and April 28 to 30, 2017: Interact with team members from Disney’s Animal Kingdom park during this unique opportunity—an entire weekend featuring a variety of topics the whole family will enjoy, including what we can do to protect the planet, a.k.a. our own Spaceship Earth!
- Celebrate Earth Day: April 22 to 24, 2017: Share in a celebratory occasion as we commemorate the place we all call home! Enjoy an assortment of special activities—and listen along as featured personalities speak at the Festival Center.
- Discover the Bounty of Florida Agriculture: May 5 to 7, 2017: Don’t miss out on the chance to dig into Sunshine State! Interact with a whole cornucopia of Florida Agriculture specialists inside the Festival Center.
- Florida Federation of Garden Clubs: May 12 to 14, 2017: Marvel at amazing flora designs that defy description—each one located inside the Festival Center.
Tours and Other Events
To enhance your Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Experience, you can add a tour to your visit. Here’s the rundown on some of the gardening tours you can enjoy in 2017.
New this year, the Royal Tea Garden Tour will offer tea connoisseurs an opportunity to learn more about the plants and blooms that go into making their favorite cuppa.
The tour, which takes place daily at 9:30AM, includes a tea and scone sampling. The price is $15. Call 407-WDW-TOUR to book.
Guests can also still enjoy the complimentary English Tea Garden Tour as well. Tours take place Monday — Thursday at 3:30PM and 5:00PM. Sign up for the tour inside The Tea Caddy. Space is limited.
Gardens of the World: Join a knowledgeable Disney horticulturist and a small group of fellow enthusiasts on this fascinating 3-hour walking tour throughout Future World and World Showcase.
- The price of this tour is $85.00 plus tax, per Guest.
- Guests must be at least 16 years of age to participate.
- Advance reservations are strongly recommended.
- To make a reservation, visit Guest Relations or call (407) WDW-TOUR for availability. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Tours take place on select Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM during the Festival.
- Epcot admission is also required and is not included in the price of the Gardens of the World tour
- You’ll be on your feet for the duration of this 3-hour walking tour. With that in mind, make sure you wear comfortable shoes
- Actual tour locations and the order in which they are presented are subject to change.
- Please check in at the planter behind Spaceship Earth at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. You’ll meet your guide and tour group at this location.
Return to the Main 2017 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Page