The Berry Basket is the place for berry lovers, offering savory and sweet dishes! The Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepperberry Sorbet is one of our Best of the Fest! The warm cake topped with cool and spicy sorbet was amazing!
It was so good that we’re thinking of making some right now! The recipe calls for strawberry ice cream as a topper instead of the Pepperberry Sorbet, but we bet it’ll still be delicious! There are three components for this recipe, so set aside some time to bake.
Warm Wild Berry Buckle from The Berry Basket
Berry Compote Ingredients
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
2 cups quartered fresh strawberries, divided
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Combine lemon juice, orange juice, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add thawed blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and 1 cup of the fresh strawberries. Puree using an immersion blender until smooth.
2. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries and remaining 1 cup of strawberries.
3. Set aside.
Oatmeal Streusel Ingredients
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Mix all-purpose flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oatmeal in a medium bowl. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and mix until wet.
3. Sprinkle mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes and crumble.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray eight 8-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream shortening and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the mixer.
5. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, and half of the milk, mixing well. Add remaining flour and milk. Mix in vanilla.
1. Place 1/3 cup of cake batter in the bottom of each prepared ramekin. Top with 1/3 cup of berry compote.
2. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cake is set.
3. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn warm berry buckles onto a plate. Top with oatmeal streusel and strawberry ice cream.
Will you be whipping up the Warm Wild Berry Buckle from The Berry Basket? Let us know in the comments.
Pin it for later!
Recipe courtesy Disney Parks Blog.