Possible Details and Dates for the 2017 Disney World Free Dining Offer

It’s that time of year again – time to start placing your bets on when the 2017 Free Disney Dining Plan will be announced. We all know how popular free dining has become in recent years and we’re betting that this year won’t be any different!

Mickey Waffles!

Mickey Waffles!

If you’re not familiar, the Disney free dining offer includes a free Disney Dining Plan with the purchase of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and ticket package. The “free” part of the name pulls you in, just remember that you’ll be paying full price for your resort hotel room when you book free dining.

In the past, free dining was announced for less crowded (non-peak) times during the year – late summer, early fall, and early winter (before the holiday season). But let’s be honest, there’s really no such thing as a non-peak season anymore. So we’re expecting this year’s free Disney Dining dates will include more summer dates, in addition to the usual fall and early-winter (non-holiday) dates.

Current RUMORED check-in dates include mid-August through September, the second half of November (excluding Thanksgiving week), and most of December up to the holiday week.

Grilled Beef Sirloin Steak at Sanaa

Grilled Beef Sirloin Steak at Sanaa

Other rumors swirling around this year’s Free Dining release include the minimum stay being bumped to 4 nights versus 3 nights from past years.
Belle and Beast Life Size Music Box at Be Our Guest Restaurant

Belle and Beast Life Size Music Box at Be Our Guest Restaurant

How to Get Disney Free Dining

The key to planning around the Disney Dining Plan dates is to book as soon as the offer is released. There is always a limited number of rooms available during free dining and if recent years are any indication, they’ll go very quickly.

We anticipate 2017 Dining Plan information will be released this spring, perhaps as early as next week. In years past the dates have been announced in late April or early May, but anything can happen. So stay tuned to DFB and the DFB Newsletter for details as soon as we have them.

The Disney Dining Plan can be a good deal, but we always recommend crunching the numbers, especially when “free” dining is involved. Check out our DFB Guide to Walt Disney Dining for a full chapter on whether it makes sense for your family.

If you want to stay on top of the Dining Plan info and release dates, sign up for our newsletter! We’ll let you know as soon as the the dates are released for free dining.

Are you planning on booking free dining this year? Let us know in the comments.

Comments

1. Chris Underwood says

Yes, I am interested in the free dining plan! I have already booked my resort & time!

Always love free dining. Currently have 1 free quick service meal with the promo that I am currently on. Always looking to get more if possible.

3. Tricia says

YES! Just waiting for the dates! But if past years are any indication, I planned my trip for when the dates traditionally are and put down a deposit on a possible hotel that will be included so I could go ahead and make all my dining reservations. Best part is that the hotel I picked is also being refurbished, so I’ll be getting gift cards for each night of my stay.

4. Ronald says

Booked through the UK Dining Plan offer last week. :)
    Went off without a hitch, looking forward to my visit September 2018.

5. Rachel says

I already have my dates for my vacation. That would be awesome to have food included with all the kids.

6. Jimmi says

Have our dates booked, hopefully when free dining is, nut if no, we will definitely change because it saves us a lot of money. Calling everyday until we find it. Last rumor I heard was for Thursday the 20

7. Sylvia Klausegger says

I have a week reservation to stay in Fort Wilderness campground .Would the free dining still aply?

8. Cher says

Going at the end of September. Wilderness lodge
    Please let me know about free dining
    Thanks!

9. Mike V says

Highly doubt the free dining will include any dates in August,
    I just received yesterday the 25/20% off room rate deal that extends through August 31.

Correct me if I am wrong but seldom does that deal and dining overlap.

10. Cindi says

I’m staying at a hotel that’s being refurbished. They didn’t mention any gift cards. Is that for all the resorts?

Cindi — No. Most of the resorts are undergoing some sort of refurbishment all the time it seems! ;-D The Caribbean Beach is getting a massive refurb and closing all of their dining locations, so that’s why the guests are getting a gift card.

12. Claude French says

Like one of the previous comments, I have already booked my resort for early 2018. Was advised by Disney travel not to book any Package Deals which include meal plans and ticketing for 2018 until they became available in July/August 2017.

Certainly I would be interested in any free dining plan. Purchased a dining plan for Jan. 2017, and it worked great.

13. Kathy says

We ate already booked too, just waiting for the announcement for free dining. We do it every time we go. Love the free dining offer

14. Jenn says

I hear port orleans French Quarter is always excluded. Is this true? Of course that’s where we booked from sept. :(

15. david says

Hi, booked in uk oct 16 for this year july August, we have free quick service and 100 dollar gift card. Sounds like we got a good deal

16. Roz says

Woo Hoo….. We are already booked at the resort for Sept. and our Travel Agent is staying on top of the Free Dining announcement so ( hopefully) she can jump right on it as soon as it is released!!!! Wish us luck !!

17. david says

Hi jenn, im booked at port orleans riverside july aug and we recieved it, hope you do
    have fun