Disneyland’s Pickle Paradise!

In the Land of Matterhorn Macaroons, Seasonal Whoopie Pies, and Gourmet Doughnuts, one must find an appropriate, salty foil. And that, my friends, is the proud duty of the Disneyland Pickle.

Disneyland Pickles

Disneyland Pickles

Many guests have applauded these individually-packaged cucumber pickles as a low-calorie option. Luckily, they’re also super tasty and crave-worthy whether you’re counting calories or not. The punch of the brine and juice along with the chill factor and the satisfying crunch make a much more memorable snacking option than you might originally think, which is why they have been around Disneyland for… EVER.

Classic Pickle

Classic Pickle

Our Disneyland correspondent Heather Sievers (we see you, @DiningInDisney!) found three varieties on a recent visit, including the classic Dill Pickle, with its bright green color and traditionally salty flavor.

The second option is a Sour Pickle, which imparts a little more of the pucker we like in a strong pickle.

Sour Pickles

Sour Pickles

The final option on this day was a Spicy Pickle, which seems to be the newest addition to the Disneyland Pickle Kingdom. This option delivers some pleasant heat, which should appeal to a lot of guests.

Spicy Pickles

Spicy Pickles

People, it’s a Pickle Paradise in Disneyland, so get ready to Pucker up on your next visit!

Do you like a grab-and-go pickle in the Parks? Let us know!

Comments

1. Ceemarie33 says

Now I’m really in heaven at Disneyland. I get a pickle every time I visit. Now there’s variety.

2. Kathy says

Are pickles only at Disneyland or can I find them at DisneyWorld as well? Would they be a ‘snack’ on the dining plan?

3. Ellen says

I love pickles but $4 for one? My local farmers market sells them for $1 on a stick. I’ve often wanted to try them but if they aren’t excellent I’ll be beating myself up for spending just shy of a fiver on one. I guess everyone has something at Disney that gives them sticker shock.

4. StephenM says

I first bought a pickle here over a decade ago when they were displayed in a huge wooden barrel and you fished it out with a pair of tongs. It was $1. Now, $4 for a single pickle?? This time the mouse has gone too far LOL

I’m glad to see my favorite Disney snack getting the love it deserves. I, too, remember fishing them out of the barrel in WDW, at the Liberty Square market. Can’t WAIT to get my hands on these new varieties during my visit to Disneyland over Labor Day Weekend.

6. cindy figueroa says

when i walk up to a pickle cart in Disneyland, I say “so how was your day?”, and bazinga! I receive a free pickle!

7. Joe King says

They also have garlic pickles. Oh and the how is your day going for a free pickle is just an urban legend