We are counting down to the start of the 2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, which starts this year on August 31!
As part of our on-going countdown, we’re making a list (and checking it twice!) of all the things we MUST eat this year, and we’re definitely including items from today’s featured booths: Thailand and Hawai’i!
This year the Festival is celebrating Epcot’s 35th anniversary with 35 Marketplace Booths – featuring five new booths and some returning booths, including Thailand!
The Kalua Pork Slider is a fan-favorite at the Hawai’i booth.
- Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad and Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream
- Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
- Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine
- Mai Tai featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum
If you can’t wait until the Festival starts, here’s a recipe for the Kalua Pork Sliders!
The Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise is one of our can’t-miss dishes! We loved this one at the Food and Wine Festival preview and can’t wait to try it again at the booths.
The Sparkling Pineapple Wine is refreshing on a hot Florida day!
And you can’t go wrong with the Mai Tai!
Next up is Thailand – which is returning to the Festival this year after a hiatus!
We are so excited to see Thailand returning to this year’s Festival!
- Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables
- Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad
- Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice
- Helfrich Gewürztraminer, Alsace
- Singha Lager
If you’re looking for spice, you’ll want to order the Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef with Steamed Rice! It’s one of the dishes that you must eat at this year’s Festival!
We can’t wait to try the other items on the menu at Thailand!
Want More Epcot Food and Wine Festival Info?
We’ll have all the coverage and information you need right here on Disney Food Blog!
What are you looking forward to eating at Hawai’i and Thailand? Let us know in the comments.