Own a Piece of Toy Story Pizza Planet with This Pin!

Are you a Disney Pin Collector or Trader?

Disney Pin Traders

Disney Pin Traders

Personally speaking, I’m really not. But I’ve always had an appreciation for the teeny works of art. So every now and then I take a look to check them out, which is how I found myself in Disney’s Pin Traders in the Marketplace of Disney Springs (located directly across from Earl of Sandwich).

Disney Pin Traders

Pin Trading Sign

And it’s also how I happened upon the Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin!

A Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin

A Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin

As the name implies, the Piece of History Pins give you a chance to OWN a piece of a retired Disney World attraction, parade, or — in this case — restaurant!  Toy Story Pizza Planet closed down in Disney’s Hollywood Studios in January 2016. The spot was completely re-imagined into PizzeRizzo, leaving the Toy Story theme far behind (in favor of Muppets) as Disney makes way for an entire Toy Story Land slated to open in 2018.

The former Pizza Planet

The former Pizza Planet

As a special Commemorative Pin, the Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin is kept behind glass, so you have to ask a Cast Member for assistance.

Commemorative Pin sign

Commemorative Pin sign

That’s how I got a closer look.

A Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin

A Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin

The “piece” of Pizza Planet is tucked inside that teeny little globe on the bottom right of the pin. That bit of filament you see was once part of the yellow and red planet decorations that dotted the arcade.

Utensil and Napkin Station at the former Pizza Planet

Utensil and Napkin Station at the former Pizza Planet

Look, it’s no huge secret that Pizza Planet was not on the top of our Must Do Dining list. In fact, since your typical Disney Counter Service pizza isn’t good, Pizza Planet never made it to the list at all. It was more of a Must Skip, or — at best — a visit-only-once-IF-you’re-a-major-Toy-Story-fan. For that reason, I was completely surprised by a small rush of sentiment when I spotted this pin, and decided to share it with you all.

Even though I don’t collect them myself, I still think these Piece of History pins are pretty darn cool. (I do own a Piece of History SpectroMagic Parade Pin. Anyone else miss it dearly?) The Piece of Walt Disney World History Toy Story Pizza Planet Pin was released on September 7, 2017, and is a Limited Edition run of 1,500. So, if you aren’t able to grab one in Disney World before they sell out, maybe one of our pals will be willing to trade with you!

Pin Trading Mickey and Minnie

Pin Trading Mickey and Minnie

Pin Trading Daisy and Donald

Pin Trading Daisy and Donald

Happy Collecting!

Would you like to own a piece of Pizza Planet? Please let us know with a comment!

Comments

1. Chris says

Frantically looking for one! My daughter loved to visit the arcade and try to win one of the toy story martians! Yes I would like to get one for her.

2. Kathie Rumbley says

I would love to own anything of Pizza Planet. My son worked his College Internships there and he would absolutely LOVE to have so,etching as a remembrance of being a cast member. It was the best time of his life!

I have to admit, I kinda want that pin. While Pizza Planet might not have had the best pizza in the world, my kids (and friends too) ALWAYS requested to go there. So, I got to actually enjoy the veggie pizza and the Caesar salad – maybe more for the memories that were made there than the actual taste of the food!

4. Essie says

I sure would, AJ. I collect pins, but only pins that have a special meaning to me, and this one would certainly be special, as it would signify my favorite……CUPCAKE!!!!! I loved the Mocha Cappuccino cupcake they sold there. It was one of my absolute favorites. Do you know if the cupcakes are still available anywhere? I guess the pin isn’t available online and i don’t have access to the Park’s app. Thank you for any cupcake info!

5. Bob Travis says

I cannot express how great it would be to win this pin! Toy Story is our go to family movie, all three of kids grew up watching it and now my two grandson’s are fans. On every Disney trip we made a point to eat at Pizza Planet as a family at least once per trip( usually every day we were in Hollywood Studios)! Thank you for the opportunity!

6. Julie says

OMG!! I so agree with Essie’s comment. The Mocha Cappuccino cupcake was the best! It needs to come back–and NOT as a pin! We have searched high and low and followed several other comments saying you could find the Cappuccino cupcake elsewhere all which proved futile. Begging DW to bring it back!

7. steph says

my nephews were HUGE Toy Story fans and they LOVED Pizza Planet. They are now older but I would like to know the price of this pin if you know please. Maybe I will surprise them. We go to WDW in less than 2 weeks. Thanks!

8. steph says

In searching the internet, I may have found the answer to my question on price of the pin. I see it on a website for $22.99.