Happy Sunday! We hope you’re having a relaxing weekend before the holiday madness beings! It’s time to kick back, relax with a cuppa tea (or hot cocoa) and catch up on this week’s food news!
The Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure is happening, too, and we have all the details, including all the booth menus and food photos!
And, it’s time to pre-order the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! Use code WDW2018 at check-out to get 25% off the cover price and get the current edition for FREE immediately!
We have a lot to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in…
Disney Food News
- We reviewed the Bayou Burger and the Fried Shrimp at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside.
- We checked out the Shave Ice at Okalani’s Shave Ice at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Check out the latest artist renderings and information on the Disney Skyliner.
- We took a hard hat tour of The Edison, Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, Enzo’s Hideaway, and Pizza Ponte!
- Ring in the New Year with a buffet dinner at Epcot’s World Showplace.
- The price of Disney’s Refillable Mugs has increased!
- Tickets are available for New Year’s Eve at The Edison!
- Join the DFB Newsletter and be entered for a chance to win a Holiday Gift Box.
- Captain Phasma Steins debut in Disneyland!
- Check out the Glühwein Chocolate Bars in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion.
- Star Wars ice cream is coming to Ample Hills Creamery at Disney’s BoardWalk!
- Raglan Road celebrated National Lager Day!
- The dates have been announced for the 2018 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival.
- New DFB YouTube videos: Top 5 Disney World Resorts for Food! and Best Disney World Restaurants for Vegan and Vegetarian Food.
Check out all the latest Disney Food News — even the stuff we don’t mention in posts on the blog! — on our Disney Food News Pin Board, including menu updates, restaurant closures, special events, and more! We’ve got all the latest for you, so check it out before you go.
New DFB Video: Best Disney World Restaurants for Vegan and Vegetarian Food
Have you subscribed to the DFB YouTube Channel? We’ve got great content going up twice a week showcasing our adventures in Disney World and Disneyland! This week, we’re sharing our latest video – the Best Disney World Restaurants for Vegan and Vegetarian Food! Check it out below — and subscribe here.
Deal of the Week: Pre-Order the 2018 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining
It’s time to pre-order the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining 2018 e-book!
Pre-Order the 2018 Guide today with code WDW2018 to get this special deal!!
1. 25% OFF your pre-order purchase! And…
2. The updated 2017 2nd Edition of the Guide immediately for FREE. Just use code WDW2018 at checkout! (We’ll send the 2018 Edition directly to your inbox as soon as it’s published after the New Year.)
Just like all DFB pre-order deals — when you pre-order your DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining e-Book, 2018 Edition today for 25% off the cover price, you’ll also get our 2017 Edition immediately for FREE, so you can start planning TODAY!
With over 600 pages of full-color photos, tips on the best restaurants, an ENTIRE chapter on snacks — including the best snack credit values throughout the parks and resorts — and a full break-down of whether the Disney Dining Plan is worth it for your family, now’s the time to get started!
What’s in the DFB Guide?
The DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining, 2018 Edition is full to overflowing with tools and features to make your trip go smoothly, including:
- A 5-Step Strategy for Disney Dining Planning, covering everything you need to know from budgeting and booking to kids’ meals, dining discounts, and fireworks.
- A comprehensive and in-depth look at EVERY Disney World restaurant, kiosk, bar, and lounge, including our personal tips to ensure a positive and stress-free dining experience.
- Four free, downloadable worksheets for planning your trip. These worksheets are designed to help you execute all the steps of planning the perfect Disney dining experience. And they’re reusable for all of your future trips!
- Seven sample one-day dining itineraries for a head-start on planning.
- A comprehensive index of bars and lounges WITH reviews. An often under-appreciated option for both dining and entertainment, the e-Book devotes a whole index to the topic.
- The ability to be read on your mobile device or computer! It’s fully portable right in your pocket!
We put a ton of time and effort (and research) into ensuring that we are sharing with you the most relevant, up to date Disney Food Information that’s available. We do this so that you can plan your own Disney visit with confidence, and have the trip of a lifetime, every time.
You can pre-order your copy today for 25% off the cover price and get the 2017 2nd Edition immediately for FREE!! Just use code WDW2018! The 2018 Edition will be emailed to you as soon as it’s published in early 2018.
DFB Reader Finds
If you’re visiting the Festival of Holidays in Disney California Adventure be sure to stop by the Spicy Celebrations booth and get the Nashville Hot Fried Turkey with Dill Pickles just like DFB reader Jon Bisceglia did!
Earlier this fall we told you about the new Baked Mac and Cheese with Pulled Pork at Flame Tree Barbecue in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. DFB reader Andaus Schramlbauer took our advice and checked it out – and said “thanks for the tip!” You’re welcome! ;-D
On to the Round-Up!
Mickey Fix shared tips on adding some Disney to your house for the holidays!
WDW for Grownups shared information on the Gingerbread Academy at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn.
Disney Parks Blog shared a recipe for Three Kings Bread from Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays.
Disney Family shared a recipe for a Millennium Falcon Gingerbread Ship!
Have a great week! We’ll see you back here tomorrow with another great Disney food review!