The Lunar New Year celebration kicks off later this month in Disney California Adventure! From January 26th through February 18th, Disneyland Resort guests can enjoy specialty food offerings at Paradise Garden Grill, as well as at three themed Marketplaces located on the north side of Paradise Pier.
Check out the menus to figure out which items you’d most like to try!
Korea Marketplace (In front of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure)
- Kimchi Bokkeumbap – Vegetable fried rice
- Yachae Mandu – Steamed vegetable dumpling with sesame-garlic soy sauce
- Yang Gaeng – Sweet red bean and raspberry jelly
- Banana Ooyu – Non-alcoholic banana milk
- Mae Shil Ju – Plum wine cocktail
- Hite Pale Lager
China Marketplace (In front of Golden Zephyr)
- Xiao Long Bao – Pork soup dumplings with black vinegar and ginger
- Sanbeiji – Three-cup chicken
- Dan Ta – Egg tart dessert
- Wuxiang Huasheng Tang – Five-spiced peanut brittle
- Baixiangguo Lucha – Passion fruit green iced tea with lychee popping pearls (non-alcoholic)
- Tsingtao Lager
Vietnam Marketplace (In front of Golden Zephyr)
- Banh Chu’ng – Sticky rice cake with pork
- Chao Tom – Sugar cane shrimp skewer with sweet and sour sauce
- Banh Khoai Lang Tim – Purple sweet potato macaron
- Ca Phe Sua Da – Vietnamese iced coffee (non-alcoholic)
The menu at Paradise Garden Grill will include the following:
- Ca Ro Phi Chien Gion – Whole crispy tilapia with chili-lime vinaigrette served family-style with soup, vegetables and rice
- Japchae – Sweet potato noodles, onions, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, spinach, snow peas, broccolini and lightly sauteed tofu tossed with sesame oil and sweet and spicy sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds
- Galbi – Short ribs marinated and grilled Korean-style and served with steamed rice and kimchi
- Pho Bo: Beef noodle soup with seasoned beef stock, thinly sliced tri-tip and rice noodles with classic accompaniments of onion, jalapeno, basil-lime and hot sauce
- Banh Mi Thit Nuong – Marinated pork belly, pickled carrots and daikon with cucumber, cilantro, seasoned mayonnaise and jalapeno on a crispy baguette
- Mango Pudding
- Almond Milk Black Iced Tea with Pudding (non-alcoholic)
- Black Beer Stout
And look for the Paradise Garden Cart to feature additional offerings, too!
- Zhurou Bao – Steamed bao filled with pork and served with sweet chili dipping sauce
- Xìngren Qu Qi – Three Mini Almond Cookies
The celebration will also feature the return of the nighttime water show, Hurry Home, the Lucky Wishing Wall (where you can add your own wish), and Mulan’s Lunar New Year Processional. And keep your eyes peeled for Disney characters in their Lunar New Year best, with Goofy all dressed up as the God of Good Fortune!
Here’s hoping you have a wonderful Lunar New Year celebration in Disney California Adventure!
Will you be visiting Disneyland during the Lunar New Year celebration? Please let us know with a comment!